PDA

View Full Version : DGCA PPL Night Rating

abhay9
20th Dec 2012, 19:44
Hi Every One,

I recently got my PPL from India and shortly will be qualifying for Night Rating, DGCA Section E layout following requirement for Night Rating for PPL;

(b) Night Rating— Night Rating entitles the holder of the licence to carry passengers at night. Conditions for the issue of this rating are detailed below :-
(i) he must have completed not less than fifty hours of flight time as Pilot- in-command and as sole manipulator of the controls including not less than five hours by night, which must include a minimum of five take-offs and five landings carried out within the preceding six months of the date of application;
(ii) he must have completed a dual cross-country flight by night of at least one hundred nautical miles before he can be permitted to undertake sole cross-country flights by night, and
(iii) he must have completed not less than five hours of dual instructions in instrument flying which may include not more than two and a half hours on an approved synthetic flight trainer.

Now Airports Authority of India eAIP gives under ENR 1.2 VISUAL FLIGHT RULES following thing;

3. VFR FLIGHTS SHALL NOT BE OPERATED BETWEEN SUNSET AND SUNRISE, EXCEPT WHEN EXEMPTED BY AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL FOR LOCAL FLIGHTS* AND SUCH TRAINING FLIGHTS OF FLYING CLUB AIRCRAFT AS MAY BE CLEARED BY AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL.

*Local flight is a flight wholly conducted in the immediate vicinity of an aerodrome (Aircraft Manual (India), Volume I, page 113, Schedule IV, Rules of the air)

I am really confused now, As per DGCA I can get Night Rating as VFR pilot and as per AAI I cant fly in night as VFR pilot :ugh::ugh::ugh:

And getting PPL IR in India is like hell, I have to go through all the written exams of CPL and get Class 1 Medical too. Which does not make any sense, also they dont have IMC rating like in UK.

If any one can clarify on my confusion.

Thank you,

abhay9
22nd Dec 2012, 19:10
I Guess No answer means my interpretation of issue is correct, Thank you guys.