PDA

View Full Version : Airlinkers

Capt4lex
19th Dec 2012, 05:42
Hi all,

I recently found this post First Officer (http://aviation-jobs.com/pilot-jobs/first-officer-17)
Which is for cadet pilots with self sponsored type ratings. The type ratings are expensive but im willing to make a loan for it since i cant seem to land on a job to build experience.....
The company is Airlinkers. Id like to know if this company is legit so if anyone knows id appreciate the info. They are asking for 20,000 USD as an advanced payment for the training and well... That sounds a bit fishy for my taste, but then again I would understand if that is how it works...
I just wanna know that im not gonna get myself robbed.... Cuz its a lot of money, so I need to be sure that the company is legit.
Thanks

Akrep
19th Dec 2012, 20:40
http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/486195-b737-200-atr.html

It is most probably a scam to rob you of your money... I wouldn,t trust it.

pilotchute
19th Dec 2012, 21:24
737-200 rating is about 7k USD at the moment. $45k on a clapped out old boeing is ridiculous.

I know people who have rung up for info and got told until you send 5k we won't tell you anything.

Scam

guerreiro.v
19th Dec 2012, 21:29
Capt4lex you are saying that they request 20000$ for the rating and give you employment right away no questions asked? It's because 20000$ alone don't cover the B737 rating in any TRTO.
So why don't they recruit directly anyone already type rated?

And you believe that this TR is valid in EASA land for you to register the hours you'll do in one year before running away if you survive (I can only imagine it must be a hell in there for them not to secure first officers to stop recruiting newbie for the cost of the TR)?

Capt4lex
21st Dec 2012, 05:19
Well I think that should do it....
Thanks for the input guys.
Just one more question..... How much is in average a Type Rating for a 737 nowadays??????

flyhighspeed300
22nd Dec 2012, 10:46
Why pay for a TR for an very old aircraft unless you have money to waste. If it was not a scam.
The likely hood the aircraft will be not used in 2 or 3 years.
Its a 1 yr deal. So there is a real likely hood you will be paying for a new TR rating to continue flying.