PDA

View Full Version : new jobs

Wally Mk2
18th Dec 2012, 10:13
Just had a quick gander at the AFAP's job site, can't believe the large amount of positions avail these days.
Great to see that expansion in an an otherwise very unstable industry is rife:ok:
If I was only about a 100 yrs younger:E

Wmk2

PLovett
18th Dec 2012, 10:45
Yeah Wal but very noticeable is that a lot of the turbine jobs want you to have the endorsement first. :(

Got to agree about the age thing. :{

Wally Mk2
18th Dec 2012, 10:49
...........yeah 'Plov' I guess a sign of the times as there's always movement within the industry these days meaning most employers know that pilots move about a lot nowadays compared to the AN & TAA days where you where carted out in a pine box after 30 yrs hence 'user pays' for everything,still at least the opportunities are still there albeit differently:ok:

Wmk2

Jabawocky
18th Dec 2012, 11:09
Wally!!!!!

Long time no see.

So I hope those jobs were all twin turbines :ok:

Merry Christmas ya old codger! :ok:

Elfatness
18th Dec 2012, 11:14
Wally I look at you as wise instead of old. Same goes for your fellow veteran pruners. Your posts have given me great insight into the world of Aviation.
Just sayin' :)

Hopefully there is still opportunities in a couple of years when I can actually have a shot at one!

Wally Mk2
18th Dec 2012, 23:03
Old Wally has a tear in his eye, must be the hrs spent on the lawn tractor (rideon) but a Tnxs is in order for 'Elf', but not to you Jabba dabba doo:E:E....you ain't too far behind me anyway buddy, it just means I got here b4 you:)
Up until the 'bus' all my endo's where free for want of a better word although when you think about it we have ALL paid for flying as a job etc since we got that silly notion of wanting to fly:)

It's not hard to see that this industry has changed over the years like most industries mainly to adapt to the way society now lives, mostly more fugal due not enuf to go around but at least aviation isn't dead yet:ok:

Wmk2