PDA

View Full Version : Best TFT screen ?

mfds
15th Apr 2002, 14:26
Anyone any good or bad experience's of buying a TFT screen ?

They seem to vary greatly in quality, are the Sony panels as good as their laptop screens ?
:confused:

FL310
15th Apr 2002, 16:03
we have sold a couple of N80 bundled with the production machine, very reliable and excellent acceptance from the customers. The screens of the Sonys are one of the best types you will find.
Look also at the features, even the standard screen type (15.1") is good value for money.

But always think about the use, if you want to do graphics etc, forget the LCD screen as you never ever get matching colors.

For almost all other purposes, I assume it is a question about available change...

wysiwyg
15th Apr 2002, 17:33
Computeractive magazine has just announced that their best buy sub-£300 TFT is the Samsung 151. I have a 15" Proview (£299 at PC World 6 weeks ago) which I am delighted with. Mind you I did have to exchange the first one as it had a dud pixel. Loads more room on the desk now. The proview has small speakers built in but they are very tinny. If you only want a computer that goes beep they are fine, otherwise plug in some proper ones.

regards
wizzy