PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways 777 wet-lease...

zlin77
17th Dec 2012, 12:07
Heard the rumour that Jet are going to wet-lease 3 x 777s to THY in the near future.....I believe that some of Jet's Triples have been reconfigured recently...any whispers in Mumbai?

contractpilot69
18th Dec 2012, 05:30
Jet to lease 3 Boeing 777s to Turkish Airlines (http://www.financialexpress.com/news/jet-to-lease-3-boeing-777s-to-turkish-airlines/577282)

Fluke
18th Dec 2012, 17:28
I think that link from Contractpilot may apply to the original wet lease in 2010.

Rumour is that there is a new agreement starting early 2013 !

zlin77
20th Dec 2012, 22:14
Whispers at my end........3 coming in the near future, no indication of which routes to be used on, I don't know if these A/C are 351 tonnes MTOW or 337 tonnes...

zlin77
6th Jan 2013, 00:19
Three Jet Airways 777s now arriving in March...wet leased with cockpit crew only...USA and Japanese Authorities still prohibiting THY's use of wet-leased A/C within their airspace, as per the initial lease in 2008/9...so it will be interesting to see where they will operate to! Maybe PEK, PVG, HKG and possibly GRU/EZE...

UPWA
8th Jan 2013, 18:04
This post has a detailed analysis about jet 777 300 ER...!

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Jet Airways heavily under-utilises its Boeing 777-300ER fleet. Even lower than Air India. - Bangalore Aviation (http://www.bangaloreaviation.com/2013/01/jet-airways-heavily-under-utilises-its.html)

captjns
20th Jan 2013, 01:08
Change in LOPA and removal of lav in the front center foward of FC.

zlin77
25th Feb 2013, 09:21
No news from Istanbul......

zlin77
9th Mar 2013, 02:57
The latest rumour in Istanbul is 3 x 777s coming on a wet-lease, one arriving in June, two in July......

SQnovice
9th Mar 2013, 15:22
News on the grapevine coming from the desert is that EY is due to get it's hands on some on Jets 777 a) to make up for the delay of 787's they have on order and b) to pump cash into the struggling Indian airline. (as was shown last weeks for the over generous amount for their slots)

Most likely be deployed to LHR, SYD and MEL where 3 class planes are required.

zlin77
28th Mar 2013, 10:41
They seem to have found Captains, 40 for IST Base, 20 for GRU Base..

silverhawk
30th Mar 2013, 05:10
And the Airport Entry Pass AEP, hours of hanging around outside in 40C waiting for some office bod to tick a box and laminate a bit of paper!

fullforward
30th Mar 2013, 12:52
Spot on!
They need to offer something better to worth all the hassle.

worldrover
7th Apr 2013, 06:37
UPWA,

Interesting article but I believe it was not prepared carefully.

If you run the numbers yourself, you will come with a utilization of over 15hrs/day!!! These poor guys mistook the 529 hours/wk for minutes:uhoh:

So, I don't know if it was a planted article for purposes only locally involved ones would know (definitely not me), but if not, then their editor should be more careful with publishing their work.

I hope they don't base their business decisions on similar studies:}

fullforward
18th Apr 2013, 17:28
No,
yes,
at their discretion when is on their interest, say that their are flexible about that...

Blue-Shamrock 89
31st May 2013, 17:03
I believe starting 3rd June there will be a Wet lease Jet B777-300 operating the TK1596 LHR-IST

Blue-Shamrock 89
6th Jun 2013, 22:26
Is the unrest why it still hasn't happened yet

zlin77
10th Jun 2013, 06:19
Today VT-JEN is operating IST-DXB-IST, tomorrow IST-LHR-IST & IST-DXB-IST..

zlin77
13th Jun 2013, 14:06
Current rumour in IST is that IST-GRU will revert to the A340....Jet A/C possibly doing BKK.....whispers of MNL for TK 777........If the refueller tells me anything else, I will pass it on...

Wizofoz
18th Jun 2013, 17:47
I was one of the 16 000 Ansett workers put on the street, and it was nothing to do with Toomey.

He was brought in far to late to save a sinking ship, and did as much as could be expected. I've met the man and he is honest and intelligent.

Hogan was given the job as CEO of a proposed re- start, but it never happened. Not his fault there either.

He's done an excellent job with E-----, and Toomey has been very successful in what he did post Ansett.

In other words, you're talking tripe.

zlin77
18th Jun 2013, 22:54
Talking to a Jet Airways F/O in Istanbul two days ago, he said IST-BKK is the next destination for their 777s....

Wizofoz
19th Jun 2013, 05:16
Next time you have the urge to write something sit on your hands.

Marvel, you should REALLY consider taking your own advice.

cyrilroy21
19th Jun 2013, 13:44
The Jet-Etihad "deal", specifically the management, is presently under review by the Indian Government and they will decide what is in the best interest of their Country

Ofcourse they always have . Thats why Indian Aviation is in excellent shape :rolleyes:

rdr
20th Jun 2013, 04:27
the problem with Indian aviation, or just about any upcoming entity, boils down to three simple factors

1. a monarchy masquerading as a democracy
2. a national culture where no Indian can stand watching another do well
3. a level of unsurpassed greed

with these 3, you can fill in the blanks and see why Jet, or any company will be unable to remotely flourish, sans a few established ones.
Goyal and Mallya, are not Tata's or Murthy,s, or even remotely Branson's backside.
stay away

fullforward
3rd Jul 2013, 15:00
See your PM buddy.

Cheers

Sky Dancer
4th Jul 2013, 03:55
I will tell you what the real problem is. It is the lack of clear leadership at Jet Airways. Just look at the market strategies adopted by them during the last 3 years and it will explain everything. Simply put they really don't know what they are doing. Now you throw in a CEO from a Mid East Airline who is equally clueless and you have a rabied situation where Jet decides to go on a bankruptcy facing expansion drive. And before you know it they will realize it was all a mistake and start laying off crew and the like.:ok:

captjns
13th Jul 2013, 09:40
Why would Turkish settle to let Jet only fly short flights to London or Dubai?

Fewer cycles for Turkish aircraft resulting in greater retention of value.

zlin77
14th Jul 2013, 06:20
THY will allocate aircraft according to capacity requirements....I operated Istanbul to Izmir recently, a 40 minute domestic sector with 336 out of 337 seats filled going there and about 280 on the return leg....

fatbus
18th Jul 2013, 14:59
What difference does it make. Some might say grow up children. Just fly the plane , or is that just too difficult.

Sky Dancer
6th Aug 2013, 04:51
Corsair I really can't comment much about Turkish except that I know that it is a rapidly growing airline and is poised to be a major global airline. I daresay that it will be the 4th major Mid East Airline within the next 5 years.The arrangement is simple , Jet Airways do not have routes on which they can place the B777 that they have so they offered them on a lease to anyone for the right price. THY wanted them for strategic reasons and now its a win win. Jet Airways desperately needs the money and THY the aircraft and crew .:ok:

zlin77
7th Aug 2013, 04:54
I believe the flights to GRU did not go ahead due to The Indian Regs. requiring 4 pilots for that flight/duty period, we only were using 3 pilots to GRU, the current utilisation has The Jet A/C doing IST-BKK-SGN-BKK-IST, IST-BOM-IST and normally 2 x LHR a day, whatever flying they do frees up THY A/C for other things....

B777TAC
13th Aug 2013, 12:25
Now the CWBC is lobbying to move to a lesser hotel, at an increase cost to Jet.

What in the :mad: hack is CWBC?

OMAAbound
30th Sep 2013, 16:37
Would you like to expand on that comment? Are they coming on lease to us?

OMAA

Masagemarad
23rd Oct 2013, 01:52
After being over there and seeing how they operate there is no way they will get up to speed. They only have one subpar simulator that is just above a level c at best and couple of instructors.
And to top it off who would want to go over there when:
1. They do not reimburse for visa fees that run about three hundred Euros.
2. You have to buy your way to a gateway airport of there's and they only give you a notice of two days before an interview therefore the airfare is super expensive mine was eight hundred euros.
3. Economy class tickets that are all the way in the back of the plane in the last row and having the lav motors and doors he whole flight.
4. The mention they will reimburse for recurrent training is FALSE they give you a contract that says you have to pay for the costs up front and have to wait three months to get reimbursed after you are on the line and all checked out is BS all these head hunters including Sigma and Parc are full of it for pushing this notion it's all smoke and mirrors. I turned the offer down. They an all go to hell for all I care

Masagemarad
29th Oct 2013, 02:10
Yes I made it through they wanted me to start ASAP However I refuse to pay for all recurrent training costs out of pocket that is totally unacceptable. If they had there act together they would be picking up the costs like the majority of other outfits that have there act together and regularly have classes at a TRTO and its all done in one shot. All I saw there was one simulator and no class rooms and the sim was the worst I've flown it broke three times while I was there. Jet airways is operating on a bandaid one would be crazy to shell out money for out of pocket training costs, hotel, airfare, meals, etc. when others are doing the right thing

fullforward
29th Oct 2013, 19:15
I know from at least 3 folks that got reimbursed from the retraining costs (15ish K) just 2 weeks after signing the dotted line.
As per the ticket for the interview they are very clear about reimbursing up to 1k USD, which they honored as well.
And for your seat preference, sorry, but I dont think anyone nowadays will offer you a confirmed business seat for an interview, except maybe KAL.
But this is another story.
I wont call JET a bunch of liars.
Of course MANY things could be improved, beginning with the rotation itself.

777AV8R
2nd Nov 2013, 16:09
Wow...great destinations...

When flying at night and the gear just in the 'well', do the Indian F/Os still grab their pillows and 'bwankies' then set up their bed and fall asleep, leaving expat Capitanoh to ply the stars by himself?

billabongbill
3rd Nov 2013, 02:33
Hotbreak, Ha haha! Spot on:ok::ok::D Hairless as well,:oh::ouch:

rdr
3rd Nov 2013, 04:44
it appears that some of you lack a proper upbringing, and are a disgrace to the flying profession.
put your views across, and let the others deicide. every pilot has an opinion, and a different set of circumstances.
to call them silly names, is to show your infantile leanings.
grow up.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

woodyspooney
4th Nov 2013, 00:05
Appears that hotbreak and bill know that Canuck well.:}:}

fullforward
14th Dec 2013, 02:22
They will NEVER hire you as TRE/TRI, no matter how qualified you may be.

SQnovice
17th Dec 2013, 06:17
Heard a rumor this morning that no-name airlines is not happy with some of the interior of the 777's which are going on lease to them in the coming months.

Due to the facial damage on some of the the First class suites and the business class seats, they have told Jet to "sort it out" before they come on lease in the new year.

Can anyone shed light on the situation?

captjns
17th Dec 2013, 09:31
Heard a rumor this morning that no-name airlines is not happy with some of the interior of the 777's which are going on lease to them in the coming months.

Due to the facial damage on some of the the First class suites and the business class seats, they have told Jet to "sort it out" before they come on lease in the new year.

Can anyone shed light on the situation?

Extra weight in the F/C with the marble in the forward biffy and the LOPA in its current being.