PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Fixed wing and rotor jobs?

milehighsociety
17th Dec 2012, 02:26
Hey all,

I am a reasonably well experienced fixed wing pilot however, I would like to get into a job that allows me to fly both helis and fixed wing as well.

I imagine that this would most likely be in the corporate end of the market but anywhere would be of interest.

Can anyone be of help to advise where I can find such jobs. I know they are out there but have never sen them advertised.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

MHS

iPahlot
17th Dec 2012, 02:55
Have you thought about doing station flying?

Could be a good mix doing mustering in helies and some transfers or fence inspections using a fixed wing aircraft.

I know Helicharters also run Air Charters Australia and think they bought out Weipa Air as well (though I could be getting my wires crossed here) not sure if they mix their rotary and fixed wing guys though.

Jamair
17th Dec 2012, 10:22
I personally know two blokes who kicked off flying the station C182 on general duties and cow chasing, who have since been given (yes GIVEN) helicopter CPL to muster in the Robbos. One of them went on in the same company to fy the brand new twin turboprop (as well as still bogging about in the R22 and Skylane.

Mind you, they work BLOODY hard for the gig.

ShyTorque
17th Dec 2012, 10:35
Having concurrently held both FW and RW licences, I wouldn't personally want to do a corporate job that involved flying both.

I know of certain individuals who's employer expects their pilot to do a long day's work flying the jet long distance across the pond then to start all over again in the late hours, jumping out of the jet into a helicopter to a private landing site somewhere out in the sticks. Thankfully few and far between but a good way to end up imitating a tent peg one dark, cold rainy night, in my opinion.