PDA

View Full Version : Degree after CPL-IR?

XTR3M3
16th Dec 2012, 09:32
Hi!

What are the Degree Programs to do after completing CPL-IR course?

Thank you!

StOrMsCaTcHeR
16th Dec 2012, 10:45
If you have saved ££ or Rs in your case for degree, i would suggest invest in type rating. That is if you really want to fly for living after your IR. that would somehow give you chance for a job atleast.

taxistaxing
16th Dec 2012, 12:44
Uni is worth it if you have a specific career you are aiming for which requires a degree, and if you are doing an academically rigorous subject at a well regarded institution. If you know from the outset you want to be a pilot and have funding in place I would suggest just going for the training straight away as a degree won't necessarily make you more employable. In the UK at least the graduate jobs market is so saturated, and tuition fees so high, that just going to an average uni and getting pissed for three years is an expensive waste of time!

XTR3M3
16th Dec 2012, 14:15
Thanx to both of you but the sad thing is that I am out of budget right now and can't any other rating. So, that's why I though to do a degree program instead of wasting my time but in an Aviation industry.

benjaavpilot
17th Dec 2012, 05:47
hi XTR3M3,

i will say No to TR. You have no idea what kind of job you will get. There is 1000 different ratings out there. You gonna take all of them?
Or take only, let say 737-classic and limit your self to search jobs only for that one?

however doing a degree is atleast ok,

try computing! lots of people do softwares etc!

good luck in your career :}

Luke SkyToddler
17th Dec 2012, 06:40
Why the hell would you want to do a degree if you already have CPL / IR and want to be a pilot?

Go out there and find yourself a flying job man, I don't mean some stupid bullsh!t of buying a jet rating with 200 hours.

Go to Africa and fly in the bush, go fly air taxi in caribbean, sky diving in pacific, use your brain and think outside the box a little bit.

If you do a degree after CPL you'll only end up 4 years uncurrent, totally forgot how to fly and totally unemployable.