PDA

View Full Version : Buzz voted no 1 budget airline !!

Dutchie
15th Apr 2002, 08:42
The quitest of all the budget airlines Buzz has been voted the no1 choice by the German SWR (a tv station).

Main points of the jury: It is like flying a normal scheduled service apart of having to pay for the Coffee. Good quality service overall. The other good point is that Buzz is not playing around with the without charges fares but shows what it costs, making it clear to the customer.

No 2 Easyjet (wonder why they haven't posted this on their site ;) ) was mentioned as being very easy to book, comfertable modern fleet.

No 3 was our friends of FR

No 4 came Germania (german low cost carrier)

No 5 Came GO

Obviously it probably all depends on the exact flights they got but congrats to the guys and gals of BUZZ. The too often forgotten low cost !

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
15th Apr 2002, 11:43
I'm surprised that easyJet even got a mention ... they don't fly to Germany!:confused:

1/2pv2s
15th Apr 2002, 13:32
STOP PRESS... EASYJET FAILS TO MAKE THE TOP TEN LOW COST AIRLINES LIST IN SOUTH EAST ASIA.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

eeper
15th Apr 2002, 13:33
Sadly these surveys are becoming increasingly irrelevant. Easyjet have been advertising themselves as the best low-cost carrier for ages and now I see that Go have started a campaign proclaiming themselves the best low cost carrier according to some other survey.

With so many surveys and polls being constantly created it is inevitable that eventually a carrier will find themselves at the top of the list at some stage, especially when (as with Easy and Go) there is so little to differentiate them.

This "We are the best" advertising is very similar to how the low-costers advertise their prices - big, bold, attention grabbing statements that are to all intents and purposes meaningless. Its sneaky, but it is bloody effective.

crackerjack
15th Apr 2002, 16:06
I think the point Dutchie is making is that Buzz are very much the "forgotten low cost airline" While the others have been marketing themselves into a frenzy, Buzz have carried on quietly doing a good job.

Having worked with the boys and girls when they were Air Uk/KLM uk, I can only wish them the best for the future, they deserve it!!!

I must go now, I'm getting all nostalgic....

BEagle
15th Apr 2002, 17:51
Congratulations to buzz! I've been happily buzz-ing over to FRA and back with them since they first started and have watched the company and passenger occupancy rates grow healthily. Always friendly, always reliable......but please don't offload the bar again!!!

Herod
15th Apr 2002, 20:00
Thank you all, we do try to please. We may be small today, but the future's yellow!

Tin Kicker
15th Apr 2002, 22:15
Irish budget airline Ryanair today claimed that it had beaten Europe's other low-cost airlines in an extensive passenger survey on the length of airline names.

A survey of 29,000 passengers at London Stansted showed that 97% thought that Ryanair had seven letters.

Buzz came second with four letters while Go trailed in third place with two.

A spokesman for Go said, "We're not disappointed. We think our name positions us in a forward-thinking optimum strategically-advantageous mode for addressing future customer-orientated challenges.

"If they'd surveyed the longest blurb from a PR guy then we're confident we'd have come first."

EasyJet, which many believe also has seven letters, claimed that they would have come first if they'd done the survey at Luton and promptly lodged a lawsuit with the European Court of Spelling.

:D

ramsrc
16th Apr 2002, 06:15
Great news!

Congratulations to everyone at Buzz. It is well deserved.

I too have been flying with Buzz between Frankfurt and Stansted since they started and before that with KLM/Air UK.

My recent "excursion" with the competition (see There's low cost and low cost (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49526)) only served to reinforce my belief that (to quote Herod) the future's yellow!

BEagle agree with you on the bar thing. Last time there were none of those lovely cheese sandwiches, but it was a small price to pay for avoiding the drive to HHN.