PDA

View Full Version : PPL Help,

v_i_v_e_km
14th Dec 2012, 17:13
Dear all,

I am very new to the website and been reading from few days the interesting help to prospective candidate can get form experience people who are ready to help. So I am here now with my confuse situation on getting PPL

My question is about PPL, I have hobby of flying did few hours in Spain its was just a 1st flight as wanted to be inside the cockpit but now I am quite serious about getting to PPL.

I have wrote to some school in USA and Asia most of them have similar price not really big difference. so I need some suggestion on selecting which one to go, and which will help in future if I go for CPL as well

I also understand PPL is the first step if in future I am planning for CPL. correct me if I am wrong.

Hoping to get some replies.

Thanks in advance.

B2N2
14th Dec 2012, 17:54
For a PPL you can go anywhere you like, Australia, South Africa, USA, Canada.
You then need to have it converted or validated by the Indian Authorities.

For the CPL things get a little more complicated.
There is not one universal license which is accepted by everybody.
Instead there are two large systems, European and USA, followed by all the national systems.
Most countries in the world accept either one ( European or USA) for a validation or conversion to their own license.
Some countries prefer one over the other.
Doing your training in the USA with a European conversion gives you both sets and theoretically the best opportunity for a job worldwide.