PDA

View Full Version : AirAsia Orders 100 More Airbus A320s/neos

AirWind
13th Dec 2012, 21:49
Updated: Thursday, December 13, 5:56 AM

PARIS — Airbus says AirAsia, southeast Asia’s top budget carrier, is ordering 100 additional A320 single-aisle jets in a deal that greatly increases the Malaysian-based carrier’s orders for the European aircraft.

In a statement Thursday Airbus says the deal brings the total number of A320 aircraft ordered or already delivered to AirAsia to 475.
The new jets will allow AirAsia to open new routes and increase frequencies on flights to the Philippines and Japan, AirAsia CEO Tony Fernandes said in a statement.

SOURCE: Budget carrier AirAsia inks giant deal for Airbus A320s, bringing total ordered to 475 - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/budget-carrier-airasia-inks-giant-deal-for-airbus-a320s-bringing-total-ordered-to-475/2012/12/13/dc2110c4-452c-11e2-8c8f-fbebf7ccab4e_story.html)

Guam360
14th Dec 2012, 03:32
when will hiring continue?

jetjockey696
14th Dec 2012, 10:44
probably a small amount...to satisfy and smooth over the malaysian government as there is a lot of unemployed cadets.. but i think mostly used to replace the old fleet... the rest will be spread out within the airasia network,...

Fair.Pilot
14th Dec 2012, 11:26
To those who bad mouthed & doubt AirAsia's survival, please do your kind self a favour.... Jump into a river

kwaiyai
2nd Jan 2013, 01:45
I dont doubt Air Asia's survival and wouldnt wish it to fall cos of peoples jobs on the line.

I do doubt F.Heads like that Condomonic and his team o cronies who if they
are so damn good how come all been replaced over this AOC Business!

Hope the new team arent like them.

320busdriver
5th Jan 2013, 12:37
Surprise surprise -NOT- KLIA2 now operational end of june 2013 additional 2 months, they will be hard pushed to meet that deadline most of the apron is still not completed.
Heard MAB charging exorbitant parking rate to staff, bloody typical, trying to recover from hard working stiffs:* after going seriously over budget:ugh:, ( i wonder how ) and we are suppose to vote for these monkeys in the coming election, no wonder the PM gave some cryptic referance to himself been still around to open KLIA2 later this year

jetjockey696
5th Jan 2013, 13:00
i would add another 1 or 2 month on top of June... or worst case... its finish in June.. and roll a couple of A320s, A330 and B737... it will crack etc... then the blame game..investigations etc... blaming that the airport was rushed to open and not prepared properly..etc... :ugh:

I hear parking is around 160Rm... for staff... hahaha. staff parking is at LCCT hahah...

ssangyongs
5th Jan 2013, 15:52
Charging exorbitant rates when people have few choices. MAB, what a disgrace.