PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Wi Fi around hello kitty city

nitpicker330
13th Dec 2012, 02:43
I'm getting mighty annoyed about the sub standard Wi Fi connections in the crew lounge and other areas of hello kitty city......
Download speeds only around an incredibly low 0.24 mbps!!! causing lots of problems with FaceTime, Skype etc. This is not acceptable in the year 2012 for gods sake.

Hotels in Japan and Korea get 20 mbps.

I get 10 mbps in Oz at home on ADSL 2+

Bloody well fix it CX......

CXChildLabour
13th Dec 2012, 03:07
Bloody get ur own unlimited data plan, surely you can afford <$150 hongkie a month if you sadly stay in kitty city during your layovers...

404 Titan
13th Dec 2012, 06:16
CXChildLabour

I am HK based just like you. I bet my left nut you would be the first to whinge at some of the substandard internet connection speeds we encounter at some of our outport hotels. For based crew like nitpicker330 HK is an outport and quite frankly should have good quality and free internet access in the Headland Hotel. Until January when I believe this facility will be given to them, CX City is the only free internet access. It should be better.

404 Titan
13th Dec 2012, 06:28
nitpicker330

Most based guys these days have smart phones with a HK contract. I’m not sure what you have. I have an unlocked Droid phone and I swap my sim cards over when I am in Aus or HK. My plan in HK is with PCCW where I get unlimited phone calls & SMS a month plus 1GB of data for HK$131.00. Most smart phones for the last 2 years have been capable of being used as a Wi-Fi hotspot using data from your phone plan where you can tether your laptop or tablet. This might help you until the Headland offers free internet in your rooms.:ok:

nitpicker330
13th Dec 2012, 08:46
Yes I've got a plan with PCCW and it gives slightly better speeds. Up to 3 mbps but still causes problems with FaceTime and Skype.

A good fast reliable Internet connection at head office isn't too much to ask is it?