PDA

View Full Version : AIB - Any last minute advice?

Cesspit 152
14th Apr 2002, 19:05
I'm going over to the AIB on Tuesday (16th), think I've covered all the background stuff on current affairs etc. but as always any input is very welcome indeed.

Anyone with knowledge to part with can e-mail me at: [email protected]

Thanks in advance! :)

BEagle
14th Apr 2002, 19:11
Turn any interview conversation around to the subject of the future of RN fixed wing flying! Mug up on the SHAR 2 fiasco, plans for the new carriers and the F35 JSF aeroplane!

Good luck!!

Cesspit 152
14th Apr 2002, 20:37
Thanks Beagle, funny you should mention carriers, although not specifically a carrier, the new assault ship HMS Bulwark, the namesake of an old carrier, was a ship my grandfather served on as a Royal Marine. Things might come full circle, albeit with me flying a Junglie or Merlin.

I'll be sure to state some of the points raised about the SHAR etc. as one of the UK current affairs topics.:D

WE Branch Fanatic
14th Apr 2002, 22:47
Remember to contribute fully to the discussion exercise.....and try not to forget what aquaduct means.

Stay in control during the gym tasks.

In the Board interview, try to convey the impression that you understand what it means to be a sailor and an officer full stop, as well as an aviator.

Good Luck! And don't have too many at the Cocked Hat!!

Cesspit 152
22nd Apr 2002, 18:56
I PASSED!!!!!

3 of the 11 got it - 2 aviators and an aero engineer.

The marines who could do the gym task in 0.2sec flat couldn't hold a conversation or discuss - and hence all failed.

The other guys on my board were too argumentive and tried to take over all the other gym tasks - both failed

The absolute stunner of a lady applying for warfare didn't get it since she was too softly spoken, which didn't help on some of the excercises - we all had a go at being supportive, but no amount of chat up lines would cheer her up, even my cheesy ones.

Squeezed in some of the points on the SHAR et al - got 3 nodding heads with some of the arguments put forward.

:rolleyes: YES I AM rubbing my nose in it, and yes I AM gods gift to the navy. :rolleyes: - only joking

:D

WE Branch Fanatic
24th Apr 2002, 22:46
Well Done mate.

I failed mine last year, so I know how hard it is.

alandhall
25th Apr 2002, 08:08
yeah well done buddy!

Got my Cranwell interview thingy on the 26th of May, so pooing my pants a little. :eek:

Did the thing last year, had to wait a year because I wasn't 'assertive or self-confident enough'.

Still, a year running about with a rifle in the TA has changed all that!

Big AL