PDA

View Full Version : buying airbus line sectors?

foreverboeing
6th Dec 2012, 22:53
Hi guys,
My licence is still current with A320 rating.Because of my company got bankrupt I couldn't fly during last six months.For having a good job chance I need to fly some number of line sectors.Any advise where can I do this?Thx

Superpilot
7th Dec 2012, 02:00
Minimum agreements these days seem to be for 300 or 500 hours which would be an overkill if you genuinely already have a few thousand hours on type, not adding that many providers want to put you through their own ground school and practically make you redo your type rating. It can take many months before you even fly.

I would personally recommend doing an A320 base flight. Get in touch with a European A320 TRTO to see if they can broker you one. Expect to pay €5,000-7000 for 1 hour!

Luke SkyToddler
7th Dec 2012, 05:37
If you've got some good experience on type with a good operator then you don't need to be line current to get a job - worst case scenario is normally that you have to renew your rating in a sim if you're uncurrent. What airline specifically requires you to be current on line in order to consider you for employment? There's a couple of contract agency jobs that require "currency in the aircraft" but there's always a work around for that (i.e. go and do 3 circuits) if you've got good hours specially in A320, which is the most in-demand type on earth right now.

Sounds to me like another low hours guy looking for an excuse to pimp themselves, without getting ripped apart by the pprune anti-p2f mafia :{

mad_jock
7th Dec 2012, 07:29
There area few agency jobs Luke that say you have to have flown on type within the last 6 months.

There is a job on Sigma for perm position on A320,777,737NG and A330 which requires a flight in the last 6 months.

Luke SkyToddler
7th Dec 2012, 11:20
Exactly. "A flight in the last 6 months". Not necessarily a line flight and certainly not a bunch of them. 3 touch & gos would satisfy the agent enough to submit your CV if you meet the rest of the requirements. I'm in the airbus contract world as you know jock, was talking about this very thing to one of the Rishworth management at our xmas party the other day, they don't like people who've got their hours from pay-to-fly "line training" any more than we do, strangely enough.

Sorry that your employer went bust mate but pay-to-fly is not the answer, it's only in the last 5 years or so that it became even possible to "buy line sectors" in airliners and it sure as hell isn't necessary to go down that road to continue the job hunt, especially if you're already experienced

aerokin
8th Dec 2012, 02:41
Just try your luck with some of the A320 operators in Indonesia.They might take you in and give you a job