PDA

View Full Version : CPL from UK CAA in USA

maxgolstreet
6th Dec 2012, 06:43
Hi everyone. I tried to find as much information as I could, but I am still confused about my problem. The situation is the following - I am studying ATPL distance learning in UK, and I am passing exams there. I am not a UK citizen.
I would like to get a UK CAE issued CPL licence at the end. The thing is - After I passed ATPL exams I want to do all my practice training including hour building ( I just have 43 hours) in USA, but as I mentioned I want to get a UK issued Licence. So, if I am not mistaken I should choose any FTO in US approved by UK and do all the training there or Do I need to do just CPL training or Instrument training in such school?
Will it be any kind of conversion in UK after I do all the training in UK approved school in US? or Can I choose any school in USA , because anyway I get a FAA licence firs?

I appreciate any comments and advices guys.

portos8
6th Dec 2012, 12:06
Look in Eastern Europe.

Training is EASA and as cheap as in the US plus you can just do it in your hollidays without having to fly for 8 hours (and spent a lot of $$$ of airline tickets).

The UK CAA will issue you the CPL license when you finish your training at any approved FTO in another EASA country. So you have nothing to do with the local authorities and you will just receive a UK EASA license:ok::D

B2N2
6th Dec 2012, 12:15
Max, being dual rated has its advantages so it's a smart thing to do.
If you decide to go to the USA you need to do the following:

Get a US certificate based on your PPL
Airmen Certification - Verify the Authenticity of a Foreign License, Rating, or Medical Certification (http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/foreign_license_verification/)
Do the Instrument rating FAA Part 141, that way you don't need 50 hrs XC prior
Do your timebuilding on an IFR flightplan to gain IFR experience
FAA CPL SE and CPL ME
Make sure you have the JAA/EASA required 100 hrs PIC so log FAA PIC and JAA/EASA PIC seperately. Under FAA you can log PIC and dual at the same time if you are rated in the airplane, under JAA/EASA you cannot
Go back to Europe and do the practical conversion there
No need to go to a European certified FTO in the US
Actually you would be better off avoiding most of them altogether.

maxgolstreet
6th Dec 2012, 13:30
Thank you for your advice.
But as I know to get a UK licence I need to do a CPL training in UK approved FTO? Maybe I can make an IR (FAA) and CPL (EASA) plus hour building in US and then make a conversation of IR in UK? or are there any better ways of doing it ?

portos8
6th Dec 2012, 21:06
As I mentioned, you can do your training and testing anywhere in Europe as long as the FTO is JAA/EASA approved. You take your testraport to the UK authorities and they will issue you the UK CPL license (which is an EASA one)

Dont just believe me, contact the UK CAA and they will tell you exactly the same.

Check that your chosen school is a JAA/EASA approved FTO and your ready to go.

maxgolstreet
8th Dec 2012, 09:06
Thanks guys for your posts.

But, I think It's better to train in US Due to lots of recommendations, I mean the experience you can get flying there. And maybe cheaper in comparison with Europe.
Buy the way,Can anybody suggest a good place to fly in Europe, I mean a good weather, good quality, standards and affordable prices? may be I change my mind.