if any issues was told to contact the email eosretmon@****.com

After ten weeks i sent email to eosretmon@****.com, the email was ignored

3 days later i sent another email and received the email below

To: geeta.ashar@****.com
CC: ************@hotmail.com
Subject: FW: retention money 361***
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 06:26:49 +0000

Hi Geeta,

Kindly confirm with *** when the check was sent, giving the Ref. No.

Regards,

Eric

After a further 4 working days with no reply i sent another email, this was again ignored

2 days ago i sent a more forceful email to both ccsc@****.com (cabin crew service centre) and eosretmon@****.com, i have yet to receive a reply.

so thats 4 emails and 1 response from a mystery eric

any opinions or ideas on how to procede?

thanks in advance

Prazum
5th Dec 2012, 22:31
File for them in a small claims court if you reside in the uk. Very easy to do. Just go to your local county court for papers to file. I bet they will pay you less than 5 days when they get the papers their end ;)

Gulfstreamaviator
6th Dec 2012, 03:11
I suspect that you will not actually be able to have your claim accepted, as I assume your contract was with Emirates under a UAE contract.

However there is no harm is lodging a claim with the SCC citing Emirates UK, but technically it could be rejected / refused and you will be out of pocket.

I think the problem is just the inertia in any big company in the ME....just keep pressing and in two weeks time, send a final E mail, to CCSC, and all the signatories on your E mails, with a copy to the chairmans office.

If that has no results depending on how you feel, there is the publicity and media route.

glf

givemewings
6th Dec 2012, 05:58
They said 8-10 weeks. You said it's been 12. After 7 years in DXB you would know that any timeline they give is optimistic at best! lol....

Depends on the bank processing it as well. If it is one of the crappier ones, they are pretty useless and take ages.

There have also been numerous holidays etc that slow these things down (Eid, National Day etc etc)

I wouldn't panic just yet. Email your CC manager and ask them to look into it for you. In my experience CCSC are dealing with so many things it is easy to get lost in the flood. Physically here and it took me 5 weeks just to get accommodation to pull their finger out and sort a move....you are not even here in DXB so would be harder to get on their case.

So, I would ask your manager to look into it and let them know if you don't have a response in say, 2 weeks that you will go up the chain.

PS please edit the personal & company emails you have posted. They are not for public consumption. It is hard enough to get through to departments without them being flooded from wannabes emailing those address posted in public. Thanks :O

bigmountain
12th Dec 2012, 18:59
This is not the first time this has occurred with retention money be delayed .
I know of a pilot who has left over 6 months , and after varies emails to Normal channels, and then moved it upto fleet level , has still not received his retention funds,

I suspect that Ek stands to gain by hiolding onto the funds as long as possible . Ek also knows that their workforce is largely expat , so takes advantage of that Also as it involves giving back , money ,they probably have the most inefficient and antiquated process in place ,managed, by the least interested accountable clerk.

So by going to the SCC should at least send a message to someone higher up

BM

CAYNINE
13th Dec 2012, 03:56
You can blame the wonderful folk in the payroll department that believe they are doing the company a favor by not paying remuneration due to employees.

My experience is just on 6 months, with no communication available from said department. ( but that is typical of EK now, no one will ever answer a call and recently will not reply to emails)....

If only a manager with some fiber would go through these departments and do a PROPER audit and fix the indifferent attitudes that reside in certain departments.... not likely though this century. :ugh:

Yarra
14th Dec 2012, 13:56
Call/Email your former CCM....

8sugarsugar
14th Dec 2012, 15:37
In regards to retention money, are we talking about end of service benefit?

Yarra
15th Dec 2012, 13:51
No.... retention money are the funds from final pay, kept by the company to pay fines or small debts after the employee leaves DXB... it is kept for 8 weeks I believe....