PDA

View Full Version : Phone unlock?

Gertrude the Wombat
5th Dec 2012, 21:47
Anyone got any clues as to how to find someone to unlock a "Coral 1030"?

This is a who-knows-what badge-engineered for Digicel of Jamaica; now that I'm no longer in Jamaica it would be nice to have the phone unlocked so I can actually continue to use it, but I can't find anyone who knows what it really is and thus how to unlock it?

M.Mouse
5th Dec 2012, 22:25
Found this:

Coral

Exclusive to Digicel and simply called “Coral,” the company introduced a sleek, new line of mobile handsets accessible to consumers across Digicel Pacific markets. The Coral phones reinforced Digicel’s continued efforts to increase mobile penetration in key markets. Manufactured for Digicel by Vodafone in collaboration with ZTE, the Coral handsets are among the least expensive on the market.

Drawn a blank apart from that!

mixture
5th Dec 2012, 22:28
Doesn't your local high street have one of those dodgy shops ? :E

Personally I wouldn't waste my time with an unknown brand phone, but if you want to, the above is probably your best bet if you're not willing to spend a little time with Mr Google.

Gertrude the Wombat
6th Dec 2012, 14:29
Doesn't your local high street have one of those dodgy shops ?
Round here it's a man on a market stall - already tried him.
Personally I wouldn't waste my time with an unknown brand phone
I'm not proposing to waste much time on it, but I thought it worth asking here as lots of well-travelled people read this site and someone might have come across it before.
if you're not willing to spend a little time with Mr Google
Which of course I did, finding nothing helpful, before posting here.

Milo Minderbinder
6th Dec 2012, 18:06
I see the disappearing post syndrome strikes again......I answered this last night to the effect it looks like a ZTE model with a bespoke keypad.

If you take the battery out there should be a manufacturers sticker in there naming it as a ZTE product and giving the exact model number

As for "unknown brand" ZTE are in the same size league as HTC and Huawei. Massive. Relatively unknown as much of what they sell is through ODM/OEM badge engineered channels

(PS like Huawei there are similar concerns over ZTE's management's connections with the Chinese state security services)

Saab Dastard
6th Dec 2012, 18:31
I see the disappearing post syndrome strikes again......I answered this last night to the effect it looks like a ZTE model with a bespoke keypad.

?????

MM, I've checked the thread history, and there's no record of anything being deleted. Are you sure it couldn't be user error? ;)

SD

Milo Minderbinder
6th Dec 2012, 18:46
don't think so........I only had two pints of Julian Temperley's finest cider last night....
curious
thanks for checking

Gertrude the Wombat
6th Dec 2012, 18:57
I'll agree that it looks like ZTE, but the first ZTE unlock site I tried produced the wrong number for me ... nine attempts left ...

Milo Minderbinder
6th Dec 2012, 19:33
Gertrude#
if you take the battery out, what model number does it list on the makers plate which should become visible?
it should be possible to Google for that