PDA

View Full Version : Space

Dotun
17th Jul 2001, 14:28
Just thinking, I know I am pushing it, but if there is an astronaut reading this, can you maybe share your experiences on space travel.
To the wannabes, please tell me, am I mad, or is it a regular thing for all pilots to be thinking of flying in space one day.
To the Aeronautical engineers, if technology does improve and we do get to fly about in space (no wind, smoother ride) i.e mars e.t.c, will we be flying differently (I know we will)? but how do we turn left, right, go up and down e.t.c. I don't think the rudders wings etc will have any effect.

:mad:

[ 17 July 2001: Message edited by: Dotun ]

schooner
17th Jul 2001, 15:05
Yes you are mad :eek:
People already fly around in space, they use thrusters to manouver around

Are you winding us up :confused:

cheers

NewBloke
17th Jul 2001, 16:02
We did have a space cadet on here by the name of Ronchonner. Unfortunately, he left his shuttle parked in Low Earth Orbit never to return. I think routine use of high altitude/LEO space travel for Joe Bloggs is a long way off yet. Too expensive and no investment. Mind you, some of the stuff written about this new hypersonic aircraft NASA have been working on makes very interesting reading. If you like that sort of thing.......

GonvilleBromhead
17th Jul 2001, 16:02
...and will we need ME ratings 'cos I think you'll need at least a Cougar to get there ?

More bloody expense !!!