PDA

View Full Version : A350. Seperate Fleet ?

Trafalgar
4th Dec 2012, 01:00
Apparently the A350 will be a seperate fleet. So those of is on the 330 will get screwed again. Great 😣

cxorcist
4th Dec 2012, 01:33
Wow, that is a big blow! I suppose the good news is that the airplane is so far off that no one will be flying it anytime soon. My guess is 2016 at the earliest. A lot can change between now and then. Certainly some from the bus will be converted as the A340 goes away.

White None
4th Dec 2012, 02:03
A350. Separate Fleet ?

Really hope not. Not that I in any way doubt your good intentions sharing that snippet, or in fact anyone when they post such statements, that is the purpose of a rumour network; however, the truth is if we all had a cent for every definite prediction, we'd be rolling in it. Do you have a source for the info? Cheers

Maid Day
4th Dec 2012, 02:21
A350 won't be a different fleet, it will "likely" be mixed fleet flying, as it's intended to be CCQ approved via Airbus - big picture.

Why would CX not utilize Airbus crews, but go through the effort of a 777 vs 747-800 CCQ? Two completely different aircraft?

I heard from a top source that the A350 may have it's own fleet office, but the pilots will be CCQ'd. As said, a lot can change, but the bulk of the cockpit and operation of the 350 is a 330 with advanced avionics, EFB's built into the flightdeck as part of the Nav displays, still has Trent engines, and will have no stab tank and only 2 hydraulic systems. Sitting in a 350 vs a 330 won't feel like a completely different aircraft, hence the reason Airbus have included it in their CCQ program.

Taking an experienced Airbus pilot and putting them in the A350 is a logical and ideal approach from a line ops point of view. Airbus is a handful (from a technical standpoint) as it is, never-mind the leap the A350 will be. If it comes down to money, as all in CX, and the CCQ is approved by Airbus, I can't find a reason why the company would separate the pilot group on the Airbus type. The A330E has more in common with the A350 than the A340!

geh065
4th Dec 2012, 03:41
but go through the effort of a 777 vs 747-800 CCQ?

CX are studying at Boeing's request and thats all it is, a feasibility study. It might go nowhere. Apparently the 777 fleet office has been saying that it would only be for a select group of pilots anyway which makes sense. No point in CCQing nearly 1000+ pilots for a 748 they might fly only once every couple of months anyway. No economical benefit.

I have heard that the 350 will be a standalone fleet initially but that once more 350s come online and once it is more likely that the regular line pilot will fly both types enough to maintain recency on them both, they will be CCQed, but thats towards the end of the decade.

744frt
4th Dec 2012, 04:57
The HUD! It is all about the HUD! Can't wait to use it!

fatbus
4th Dec 2012, 06:21
CCQ yes, MFF no, two different things.

Tonto Kowalski
4th Dec 2012, 08:43
Well said fatbus. There's a huge amount of confusion here about what CCQ means. Simply put, it means a quick conversion from one type to another. MFF means flying different types from day to day. This is entirely different and not something Airbus is proposing for the 330/340/350. The A350 will be a separate (think of it as senior!) fleet.

China Flyer
4th Dec 2012, 09:18
Forget the HUD.

Trafalgar
8th Dec 2012, 08:20
If you are CCQ'd, do you fly alternate types on each successive PC/RT?

broadband circuit
9th Dec 2012, 00:40
If you are CCQ'd, do you fly alternate types on each successive PC/RT?

No. You're talking about MFF. Related, but different.

anotherbusdriver
12th Dec 2012, 02:57
It makes sense for CX to have the A350 CCQ and MFF.

I am fairly certain that they will be approaching the HKCAD for approvals. The final approval will lie with the CAD.

If the answer is yes, then everyone on the Airbus will be happy for obvious reasons!

If the answer is no, the conversion course will be a quick CCQ, but there will be no MFF. In this case, the A350 will become an Airbus "Senior Fleet".

Captain Dart
12th Dec 2012, 05:28
...and there are some rather disturbing rumors about who will be the A350 fleet manager.

cxorcist
12th Dec 2012, 05:45
If they make him manager now, maybe he will have moved on by the time there are actually pilots flying airplanes.

jonathon68
12th Dec 2012, 06:56
Very unlikely.

As the old guard retires from the CAD, they are being replaced with a more local mindset. The new generation have very little real flying experience and lack the background of a varied and successful flying career. Basically they are primarily career Civil servants rather than former Airline Pilots.

I think we can expect an even more bureaucratic mindset in the CAD. No one will be willing to make any decisions, for fear of making an error and damaging their own career. Consequently, they are likely to just sit on the fence when it comes to issues such as MFF.

broadband circuit
12th Dec 2012, 13:31
Firstly, I agree Jonathon68

I heard the same rumour Captain Dart. Suffice to say I was sickened when I heard it. What a disgusting weasel he is. We want leadership, not another yes-man.

However, if the rumour is true, I wonder, will the manuals have their names changed from FCOM to "GeoffCOM"?

anotherbusdriver
22nd Dec 2012, 00:56
A380/ A350 MFF for CX - now you're talking Silberfuchs!

crwkunt roll
22nd Dec 2012, 09:50
except that CX won't get 380's

JammedStab
24th Dec 2012, 23:28
I heard the same rumour Captain Dart. Suffice to say I was sickened when I heard it. What a disgusting weasel he is. We want leadership, not another yes-man.

Anybody know what his background was prior to CX?