PDA

View Full Version : ANA feels pressure on yields as more A380s fly into Tokyo Narita

Frogman1484
3rd Dec 2012, 23:18
I wonder if CX has the same worries?

All Nippon Airways (ANA), which operates 16 Boeing 787s, fears the Airbus A380s scheduled to fly into Tokyo Narita Airport may result in lower yields.

ANA president and CEO Shinichiro Ito told ATW in Shenzhen, “Our concern is that other airlines flying more A380s into Tokyo Narita” are resulting in the lower yields for the carrier. Narita will be served by A380s from Korean Air Lines, Lufthansa, Air France, Emirates Airlines and Singapore Airlines.

cxorcist
4th Dec 2012, 00:38
No doubt about it Frogman! As CX downsizes many of the aircraft on its European services, there is little doubt that other carriers will bring VLAs to pick up the residual demand. I anticipate LHR, PAR, and FRA based airlines will all send VLAs to HKG once the European economy recovers. I heard word just the other day that LH intends to send the -8I to HKG starting in March. No doubt A380s from BA and AF are in the cards if they see adequate demand.

Tornado Ali
8th Dec 2012, 08:29
BA a definite from next year with the 380 to HK. CX know they don't have a product to compete. Fly on Emirates in First...you'll realise what a joke our product is after that. BA will undoubtedly raise the bar on service between LHR and HKG.