PDA

View Full Version : New Indian Traffic Rights-Gulf carriers

smart123
1st Dec 2012, 16:23
Oman Air has got about 40% increase in their weekly seats operation into India including Goa as a new point of call in India. Any update on new Indian traffic rights for U.A.E carriers (Emirates, Air Arabia, Flydubai & Etihad) and Qatar Airways?

Twinotterguy
2nd Dec 2012, 05:12
Its very likely more traffic rights and slots will be given to the big ME carriers. Remember rumor is that etihad will take shares in jet airways which means they will have more added advantage in this deal.

John21UK
2nd Dec 2012, 08:47
Gulf Air is adding three new destinations: Pune, Ahmedabad and Amritsar. (Subject to approval)

I don't know yet about any frequency increase on excisting destinations. They are currently maxed out on their 16.600 seats a week between the two countries.
New A321's will start replacing the A320's on some frequencies.

smart123
2nd Dec 2012, 10:09
I hope you meant it is very unlikely.

However, the press statements state that with the recent approval of international traffic rights to AI/AIE and all private Indian carriers, India is more or less reaching close to its entitlements with U.A.E, Saudi and Oman. This is the reason why India would like to hold talks with the above countries. In this case, it would be interesting to know the additional traffic rights/new points of call the U.A.E carriers would get in India.

ironbutt57
2nd Dec 2012, 13:21
I sense A380 to DEL n BOM in the cards...

falconeasydriver
2nd Dec 2012, 13:43
I sense A380 to DEL n BOM in the cards...

I'll be waiting for the flood of apologies from some rather sensitive 380 drivers on here if it happens.
Its really a question of when rather than if.

Eau de Boeing
2nd Dec 2012, 16:22
That's ok we really don't mind doing them, what's the difference between them and a Heathrow "Britishe Passporte" flight anyway?! :oh:

At least the security is professional and well organised there......

ruserious
3rd Dec 2012, 09:53
Yep, just can just see the dance of joy from the tractor drivers when the 380 finally gets to go to India, after stealing all their nice routes :}

fatbus
3rd Dec 2012, 10:12
More turns on the 777 before 380 starts doing them. So until then the 380 guys can and will be able to hold it over the 777 guys. At a training wash up a 777 pilot demanded to know what these turn arounds were doing in his roster, needless to stay he got laughed at and the response was get use to it.

bvcu
3rd Dec 2012, 10:23
still loads of capacity restrictions on those routes so it will be quite a step to be allowed 777-300 on them all the time let alone a 380.....

donpizmeov
3rd Dec 2012, 10:54
Of course the 380 will do Indian turns. EK is all about making money and needs to send something that can actually carry a useful load.

The Don