PDA

View Full Version : Emirates first interview - Qs not covered yet!

koru_kid
14th Apr 2002, 10:35
Hi everyone,

EK have recently notified me I'm invited to their 'preliminary selection process' :)
They also say it will take up a large part of the day.

I've done a forum search to find out what the first interview consists of.. and am still not clear. Hope someone can help me out here! :confused:

1/ Is it a brief one on one, then a group activity? or is it just a group activity?

2/ Is the psychoanalysis test done during this first day? If so, can someone give me an example of the questions asked?

3/ Does anyone have an idea of the height/weight proportion chart they work off? I'm 174cm and 66kg (and male!) - how does this sound?

4/ What percentage of applicants are chosen to attend this first interview? How many people can I expect to be there?

5/ Will the Emirates reps be actual EK employees from Dubai?

Thanks ever so much to those who take the time to reply!

sky28
14th Apr 2002, 12:32
Hiya Koru-kid!! Allright?
Regarding to your questions about EK I thing I have some answers:
1. The first and second proofs, are group activities. Then an individual brief and after if you pass, you have the psychoanalysis tests.The tests are like 180 questions to answer with choices of "true" "sometimes" "false". (eg:I prefer watch Tv on a saturday night rather than go to a party and meet different people; I am a confident person; I would prefer to be a teacher rather than a biologist", things like that, its not difficult, just that you have to read the questions very well and concentrate on what you are reading.
2. According to the h&w for your height of 1'74 you should weight between 63- 76 kgs. So u are fine!.
3. I´m my interview we were like 60 people and at the end only passed 30 or so. After all this activities, they ask you to go another day for an in depth interview. It last like 30-40 minutes.
4. And some of the interviewers I think they fly in EK and some not.

I think I am not forgetting anything. Take care Koru-kid and I wish you all the best in EK.Ciao.

nickmelb
15th Apr 2002, 00:38
sky28 u beat me to it! well said!

koru_kid well done on gaining an interview! Good luck with it and tell us how u go!!

nick :cool:

koru_kid
15th Apr 2002, 01:49
Thanks a lot you two! I was hoping the one-on-one would be first because I'm really good in those, but oh well..

I wonder if either of you would elaborate a bit on what the group activities involved? :)