PDA

View Full Version : JAA Instructor in Oz?

Desert Strip Basher
30th Nov 2012, 13:54
What's needed (other than a visa) for a JAA CPL FI to work in Australia?

MakeItHappenCaptain
30th Nov 2012, 15:19
An ASIC (ridiculous $200 every two years security check), an Australian CPL conversion (you have to do a theory exam called CAOS, basically commercial law and a flight test) and a flight instructor test.
Go to Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Home (http://www.casa.gov.au) for info.:ok:

Tinstaafl
30th Nov 2012, 15:42
Also a Night VFR rating or an instrument rating with NVFR privileges (a 'standard' IR doesn't give NVFR privileges without certain experience requirements being met).

Can't remember, but is credit given for overseas instruction w.r.t. the issue of a Grade 3 instructor rating? Or must the candidate do the whole 50 hr flight training course? I seem to recall that you used to have to do the 50 hour course.

MakeItHappenCaptain
1st Dec 2012, 05:02
Ah, but unless you hold a NVFR (not just a CIR) you can't instruct that syllabus (as many Kiwi immigrants have found out).:ooh:

Tinstaafl
1st Dec 2012, 06:03
I meant that a NVFR, or CIR+NVFR privileges, is a requirement to hold a Gr.3.

MakeItHappenCaptain
1st Dec 2012, 07:21
Not debating that point at all.:ok:

Tinstaafl
1st Dec 2012, 08:07
Oh. You mean to give instruction for a qualification you must first hold the qualification ie NVFR.

MakeItHappenCaptain
1st Dec 2012, 19:16
And that, kiddies, is a perfect example of beating around the bush (me) vs. getting straight to the point (Tinny).:}