PDA

View Full Version : Jumpseating

17th Jul 2001, 01:41
Hi all

Im doing Aeronautical Engineering at QUB and have just got my PPL. I got sponsorship for my PPL and also got a trpohy for my application. However, before I apply for ATPL sponsorship, I would like to get a jump seat ride or two for my CV. I did a stint of work experience with Ryanair 2 years ago and got a few flights with them! If anyone could suggets what airlines to apply to for jumpseating, I would appreciate it very much. I got a P.F.O letter back from BMI today!! If anyone has been able to get any jump seat rides recently without holding an A.T.P.L could you please reply to this post. Many thanks everyone.

jonathang
17th Jul 2001, 02:31
I just got the Jumpseat from Heathrow to Edinburgh on a 757-236 with British Airways. Shuttle 8 Sierra (G-BMRG). I was traveling back from BA Aptitudes. The crew were fantasic it was a great experience.

Thanks Again.

[ 17 July 2001: Message edited by: jonathang ]

Viggen
18th Jul 2001, 01:04
Got an extended flight deck visit on an easyJet 737 on Sunday coming back from Barcelona to Liverpool - not much room to "sit" more "perch" but both flight crew v. enthusiastic to discuss career path, how the 737 flight deck works, flying in general, etc (and I'm only 6 hours toward my PPL). Even got a wave of acknowledgement across the baggage reclaim afterwards. Achieved this with a short typed letter to "the Captain" handed to crew on boarding. Good luck!