PDA

View Full Version : UAE Visa in Hong Kong

Joker's Wild
30th Nov 2012, 10:30
Find myself in a bit of a situation here, I need to be in Dubai evening of 09 December, business related.

I'm Canadian, so will need a visa prior to departure. Have any of you fellow Canucks in Hong Kong done the UAE visa thing recently?

Presumably I can apply for one at the UAE consulate in Wan Chai, just a bit fuzzy on timelines, need for a sponsor, etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

JW

Left Coaster
1st Dec 2012, 03:51
Try asking EK, or EY, they have a system that is useful in the issuing of your visa...buy a ticket on them and they will sponsor you (I think)

Joker's Wild
1st Dec 2012, 04:17
LC,

Thanks for that.......was hoping to maybe not have to go that route, but it now appears it may be the most practical option.

JW

Joker's Wild
1st Dec 2012, 08:38
Hey there Dan,

Yeah, don't I just wish.........I'm a helicopter guy, but if it matters, I'll be bunking with a mate who does happen to be an EK T7 F/O............maybe he can get me a job conducting offsite CC interviews!!! :E

JW

mngmt mole
13th Dec 2012, 13:35
.....friend in EK tells me that several CX FO's have been appearing in interviews these past months.

falconeasydriver
14th Dec 2012, 12:12
.....friend in EK tells me that several CX FO's have been appearing in interviews these past months.

A few? try about 20 or so, including 5 or 6 guys trying for DEC positions :E

Joker's Wild
14th Dec 2012, 13:41
Right, have been to Dubai and back, mission complete.

Wound up flying EK, UAE visa app was straight forward thru the airline, can't complain.

No CC interviews were conducted (airborne or otherwise) and from what I observed on my flight(s), EK could, how shall I put this nicely, benefit from someone with a bit more "taste" doing the interviewing. :E:ok:

On the flip side, my buddy who flies for them said they cannot bring enough new drivers in through the doors at the moment.

JW

RusCo
14th Dec 2012, 18:17
many interview...but I wonder how many will actually leave?