PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Questions

captainmacuk
16th Jul 2001, 19:30
Hi folks,

Just a few questions regarding obtaining an ATPL and keeping it valid,

How long do you have to complete the exams in from taking the first one?

I was told there where 13 exams to take, is this true?

How many resits are you allowed and what happens if you fail the all the resits , are you not allowed to do the course ever again(if i failed all the exams i would be reconsidering my career obviosly)

What do you need to do to keep a frozen ATPL valid?

If you could take the time to answer these Q's it would be very much appreciated,

cheers

gazelle507
16th Jul 2001, 20:09
There are 14 exams to sit at the CAA. You have 18 months to complete them from the date you attempt the first one. You have four attempts for any one subject BUT a maximum of six sittings at the exam centre. So for instance, if you go to Gatwick, say, and take seven stage 1 exams, that is one sitting.
If you run out of time (remember 18 months) or fail any one subject 4 times then its right back to the start, that is to say you lose all the subjects passed. There is no partial pass rule, any subject you pass is safe. :)

clear prop!!!
17th Jul 2001, 00:47
Slight correction:

18 months from your first pass in any subject :)

Tarmach
17th Jul 2001, 00:48
In theory then you could sit 13 exams at Gatwick pass them and fail the 14th exam 4 times and you start from scratch again- as if you knew nothing about the other 13 exams. This system is absurd and I bet the CAA are laughing to themselves.

MorningGlory
17th Jul 2001, 22:42
Here here! :D

Seth Gecko
17th Jul 2001, 23:20
It's bureaucracy gone mad!!!!