View Full Version : Mogadishu Airport

contract4
26th Nov 2012, 13:25
Guys please help!

I'm trying to get some accurate, up-to-date, no BS information about MGQ, Mogadishu Airport.

I'm looking at operating into there and just hear so much conflicting information from different sources regarding the status of the field. Also; most of the information on the web I suspect is out-of-date.

Is there any of you guys out there who have flown into there recently or anyone on the ground there who can provide me with any information about the state of the runway and services etc.? Does anyone operate into there regularly? If so with what equipment?

Thanks very much in advance. I really appreciate any assistance that you can give me.

Cheers!

rcsa
26th Nov 2012, 13:49
PM me and I'll connect you to reliable guys on the ground who might be able to help.

capt.m
26th Nov 2012, 14:24
We operate in and out of MGQ nearly everyday of the week with medium size jets. The runway is long enough to accommodate all sizes of aircrafts(B767 etc.)
Currently there is a company called SKA that run the airport, providing all sorts
of ground equipment (steps, GPU, aircart , fuel etc).
You could do a search online and get Intouch with them before you get there.
The tower frequency is 132.50 and VOR is 112.1. Runway is 05/23
(land 05 and take off 23) to avoid flying over the town.
Hope that helps:ok:

Agaricus bisporus
26th Nov 2012, 16:07
Mog has a working VOR? Wow!

capt.m
26th Nov 2012, 19:27
Yup and it works

contract4
27th Nov 2012, 03:41
Thanks guys!

rcsa and capt.m pm sent.

Any more information will be greatly appreciated.

kotakota
27th Nov 2012, 04:42
Turkish Airlines have operated an A340 in there , and Phoenix Aviation ( Wilson Nairobi ) in there all the time with Citations and Excels .

capt.m
27th Nov 2012, 14:15
Contact 4 pm replied

Lamyna Flo
28th Nov 2012, 10:58
...and Phoenix Aviation ( Wilson Nairobi ) in there all the time with Citations and Excels

...and sometimes out, if they're lucky ;-)

Temp Spike
28th Nov 2012, 22:48
Holy Moly Phoenix has jets? Sati must be doing good.

Way to go, Sati!

JTrain
29th Nov 2012, 07:46
Currently there is a company called SKA that run the airport, providing all sorts
of ground equipment (steps, GPU, aircart , fuel etc).

SKA also has a B727 freighter that they base in EBB for Mogadishu cargo runs.
Crewed by South Africans.

Team Blue
29th Nov 2012, 18:36
I'm currently on tour in MGQ. Let me know if there is anything more that you would like to know.