PDA

View Full Version : The best country to train at the moment

Alpha_Bravo_Charlie
26th Nov 2012, 02:46
Hi all,

In your opinion, given the current economic time frame and the on-going changes in the industry, what is currently the best place to commence flight training (preferably zero-to-hero). Whether it be a country or simply a FTO, I would like to hear your take on this.

-ABC

zondaracer
26th Nov 2012, 07:08
Are you Canadian? If so, I would recommend Canada. But the answer depends on where you are from and what your goals are.

joseph500s
26th Nov 2012, 07:48
Another place in the world might be cheaper totrain in but you have to remember that you will probably need to pay for your plane ticket to where ever it is, rent cost, food, bills ect. Then pay for another plane ticket when you finish to get back home, then possibly pay a fairbit to convert your license.. You may be saving a heap on the cost of the flight school but with everything else added up may outweigh the saving. I remember thinking about going to Florida from Australia as it is way cheaper over there but in the end would work out pretty much the same. It was going tobe a saving of like almost $11,000 + on the training itself but like I said that saving would quickly disappear because of all the other costs. That was just my experience anyway
:)

B2N2
26th Nov 2012, 12:47
The USA by a long shot.

About a million flightschools to choose from (ok, maybe a little bit less)
Massive infrastructure in place that favors General Aviation (85 public airports in Florida alone)
Access to airspace which is off-limits in most of Europe (Class B, International airports)
No fees for flying IFR
Unless you live at home you will have rent/living expenses everywhere