PDA

View Full Version : CRM/Loft MCC Exemption?

Snap
16th Apr 2001, 19:44
Can anyone enlighten me on what the criteria are for an MCC exemption certificate. Are prevoius loft and CRM courses now invalid and if you dont have a heavy type on your ticket does the old loft count towards your MCC?

thanx from a very confused man who has been told different things by different people.

[This message has been edited by Snap (edited 16 April 2001).]

Luke SkyToddler
16th Apr 2001, 22:34
It's my understanding, that the old-style LOFT/CRM courses do not count as an MCC course as required under JAR. And I also think that the limit for exemption is at least 500 hours on a multi pilot aircraft. But then again it's JAR, so no one really knows :)

Air Driven Generator
17th Apr 2001, 18:37
Snap & Luke,

The CAA Policy update for January 2001 states:

Under JAR-FCL, an aeroplane or helicopter pilot has to complete an approved course of MCC before adding a first multi-pilot aircraft rating to the licence..

Graduates from the Jet Orientation Courses at BAe Prestwick, the ATP Academy and OAT's are considered to have met the MCC requirements. However, CRM and LOFT courses are not adequate for this purpose.

An applicant must show evidence of 500 hours of 2-pilot Operation for MCC credit to be allowed.

Hope it helps http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

ADG

rolling circle
18th Apr 2001, 04:06
Essentially, all previous CRM and LOFT courses are not considered to be MCC compatible. The reference to BAe, OATS and ATP are to courses that were approved before the introduction of the MCC course.

For the first multi-engine type rating to be added to your licence, you must have completed an approved MCC course or be exempt by virtue of experience in a multi-crew environment.