PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations:

James Leite
25th Nov 2012, 05:16
What a treat it was to watch the CCTV news presentation ( Sunday 25 Nov 2012 ) of one of China's top line fighters doing the first take offs and landings on No 16. Catching the number four wire may be cutting it a little bit fine but that's OK as the overall operation implied skill and efficiency. Congratulations to the PLA navy. Keep it going.

JL

Frogman1484
25th Nov 2012, 06:54
Yes and congratulations on china's forced abortion record...keep it up too!:ugh::D:ok:

boxjockey
25th Nov 2012, 09:21
Yayyy...... (said in a quiet trailing voice)

box

cxorcist
25th Nov 2012, 20:00
Yes, the US Navy is shaking in its boots.

The way the States are headed, there won't be much of a navy left soon anyhow.

Steve the Pirate
25th Nov 2012, 22:04
The ability for a sovereign nation to project its power is a major factor in strategic planning. Whilst the US Navy might not be "shaking in its boots" just yet, this is a significant move forward for China and I'm sure is being taken seriously by those responsible for long-term defence planning.

STP

AnQrKa
26th Nov 2012, 01:47
"Yes, the US Navy is shaking in its boots."

The Chinese may not have the US Navy worried but they dont need to.

They have the US treasury worried instead. Very worried.

Can anyone say currency collapse?

oicur12.again
26th Nov 2012, 01:53
I love the way everything about flight deck ops is copied from the yanks and russians. Even the deck crewman shirt colors. Deck markings. hand signals.

turnandburn
26th Nov 2012, 02:35
why not why reinvent the wheel its not CX

iceman50
26th Nov 2012, 03:11
Oicur12.again

You forgot to mention the Brits. They invented the angle deck and the "ski jump".

T101
26th Nov 2012, 07:11
The US NAVY (and the rest of it's armed forces, by the way) is tasked with DEFENDING the Treasury - that's how it all comes together. At the moment, and for the visible future, it would not be prudent for China to try an act of a Collection Agency on the US. They can't enforce anything just yet.

boxjockey
26th Nov 2012, 08:00
If the USD collapses, and there is a reasonable likelihood of this, then China will not be sitting pretty, I assure you. China has the manpower, but the problem is they haven't been innovators for 1000 years.

box

Neptunus Rex
26th Nov 2012, 08:19
You forgot to mention the Brits. They invented the angle deck and the "ski jump". ...and the steam catapult
and the hydraulic arrestor wires
and the mirror deck landing aid!

brother rice
26th Nov 2012, 08:28
Don't forget beans on toast. Jet engine...

James Leite
26th Nov 2012, 10:21
Silberfuchs:

Well said; there are many on these boards who share your sentiments. You forgot to mention Burma, the latest proposed outpost of the USA stratagem to encircle China. One just has to wonder how the minds of American policy makers functions and what they expect to get out of all this " big brother " stuff.

JL

boxjockey
26th Nov 2012, 10:54
The same thing the British, the French, the Spanish, the Romans, the Ottomans, etc... The US is reaching the end of it's power, as has every other empire in the history of this planet. I love America, but our time is coming to an end, and as usual, it ain't gonna be pretty. Difference this time is globalization, and I expect a much bigger impact than in times past.

box

T101
26th Nov 2012, 11:19
Collapse of the USD?! And exactly what is it going to be replaced by? RMB? Euro? Russian Ruble?.. Gold Coin maybe? A barrel of Saudi Crude?Such a bunch of populist CNN bolony! Give me a f.....g break. It's only EVERYONES Reserve Currency. Read: national currency. Name one country in the world where they DON'T accept USD as payment for anything.

People predicting the collapse of the only real currency in the world right now, you don't have to like it, but please, have an alternative in mind before making statements like this. Perhaps the reshaping of the World's power balance is coming, but you tell me how is it going to be peacefull? The US and the rest of the Powers that Be are just going to roll over and say: "Sure, Wise Chinese Masters, we made you reach, so please, screw us in the butt some more, and rule the world!"?! Unlikely! And the only one grossly outdated chinese carrier would not do, neather would the entire russian navy or whatever Iran has got. I hope we are not ready for a punch out.

Let me name you one time in history of human kind when such reshapement of the World took place without war: NEVER. So... I don't know what... Dig a bunker or something, but stop the B.S. about the collapses and catastrophies. Get laid or something.

Besides, everyone forgot about the December 21st - the end is near, stop sweating the little stuff! :ok:

T101
26th Nov 2012, 11:21
Boxjockey, you are right, my man (or girl - I don't know, sorry!). We just need to remember how these empires fell...

airdualbleedfault
26th Nov 2012, 11:36
Silber, you need to stop reading the communist training manual as your source and try something a little more accurate, like google. Of course ancient Chinese text have them flying something as far back as 2000BC, probably from smoking opium, a bit like the ancient text that has a bloke walking on water.
As far as manned space flight, you are once again taking the urine ? The Chinese put a man into orbit over 40 years after the Yanks put a chap on the moon

Frank W. Abagnale
26th Nov 2012, 12:35
Apparently China is in negotiations with ze Germans to lift the 'Graf Zeppelin' to expand its carrier fleet.

Frank W. Abagnale
26th Nov 2012, 13:23
Rotary Club London, 1939:
Collapse of the £?! And exactly what is it going to be replaced by? US $? Reichsmark? Russian Ruble?.. Gold Coin maybe? Such a bunch of populist Nazi bolony! Give me a break. It's only EVERYONES Reserve Currency. Read: national currency. Name one country in the world where they DON'T accept £ as payment for anything. We are the rulers of an empire, where the sun never sets or do you think the Empire will disintegrate ? Don't be silly.

Quote:
'Let me name you one time in history of human kind when such reshapement of the World took place without war: NEVER.'

Sorry I might have missed the big war at the end of the 80ies before the Breakup of the USSR. I only remember that little war the USSR fought against those muslim militants, just before they went bankrupt and disintegrated. Where was that again ? Now I remember: Afghanistan ! What a coincidence !

AnQrKa
26th Nov 2012, 14:55
T101

I suggest you do some research.

Dollar no longer primary oil currency as China begins to sell oil using Yuan - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/article/dollar-no-longer-primary-oil-currency-as-china-begins-to-sell-oil-using-yuan)

Peter Schiff: Market-Crushing Treasury Collapse To Hit Around 2013 - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2012/03/27/peter-schiff-market-crushing-treasury-collapse-to-hit-around-2013/)

Refuge from Dollar Debt in Euro Dollars? (http://www.currentconcerns.ch/index.php?id=260)