PDA

View Full Version : Seletar or Changi in Singapore?

specialbrew
25th Nov 2012, 04:23
Any pros and cons?? Daparture time around midnight.

The info I have is that there is a VIP lounge in Changi but not at Selatar. Instinct is to avoid Changi due to pax transfer times through airport and long taxi times. 6,000ft runway at Selatar not a problem.

Any advise appreciated.....

SB

B200Drvr
25th Nov 2012, 04:54
I last used Seletar a month ago, very efficient service all round, no issues at all.

dc9-32
25th Nov 2012, 06:42
Seletar unless you need full VIP services. They have good facilities at Seletar but no VIP lounge. Much less hassle than Changi. I have a friend who works at Seletar, let me know if you need a local contact and I'll put you in touch.

Seaeagle109
25th Nov 2012, 06:59
Hi Specialbrew,

One possible con with Seletar, dependant on what you're flying and where you're going of course, is the climb gradient on Rwy 03 for 2nd segment, as there are large cranes on the waterfront across the channel from Seletar.

Seaeagle109

Gulfstreamaviator
25th Nov 2012, 08:07
They do look big....max WAT TO G5.

Still looked BIG.

glf

KPHOU
2nd Dec 2012, 18:23
Here's an article on WSSS vs WSSL for GA: Which Airport to Pick in Singapore for Business Aviation Flights | Universal® Operational Insight Blog (http://www.universalweather.com/blog/2012/06/which-airport-to-pick-in-singapore-for-business-aviation-flights/)