PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Stop OMFJ- Fujairah

specialbrew
25th Nov 2012, 04:13
Looking for somehwhere other than OMDB for a fuel stop at 3am. Anyone have any experiance of OMFJ??

TWOTBAGS
25th Nov 2012, 05:35
OMAD, Al Bateen.
Easy, Quick, no heavy traffic, no curfew.
Bloody big Mosque on short final.:ok:

dc9-32
25th Nov 2012, 06:39
OMAD or OMRK, both easy access and hassle free. Avoid OMDW at all costs !

Seaeagle109
25th Nov 2012, 06:40
Hi Specialbrew,

Never been to OMFJ, but you could consider these as well as OMRK or Al Bateen:

OOMS- Muscat, Oman; is an easy option, although it does have some runway closures NOTAMed around 0500-0600 local a few days a week but generally easy turnarounds, especially at 0300.

OMAA-Abu Dhabi; again an easy option, no runway closures as far as I know but one disadvantage is a relatively long taxi to the FBO.

Both these have the advantage of ILS approaches to all runways if there's any weather around, CAT II in OMAA on 31L&R if you're capable.

Hope these suggestions help.

Seaeagle109.

Gulfstreamaviator
25th Nov 2012, 08:14
OMFJ Great tech stop, plenty of fuel, plenty of apron staff, plenty of staff, large new FBO building. Clear airspace, no HUB traffic.

Re OMRK, similar benefits, but FBO non event.

Both have duty free facilities.

I am based there so any more info and contact details please PM.

OMAD, AL Bateen nice option but air space at 3am, very busy. YES Mosque is BIG.

The major airports are all busy at 3am, so avoid.

Fog on west coast of UAE to be considered too.

My money is on OMFJ.

Glf

Kak Klaxon
25th Nov 2012, 09:04
Do you enjoy shopping at the Lu Lu supermarket GF ?

TCAS FAN
25th Nov 2012, 09:43
Caution with Fujeirah in the early hours of the morning. The runway is aligned up a wadi with high terrain both sides and on the upwind end of it. If you need to go around, an early decision is needed as terrain rises very quickly north-east of the runway.

Also there is often a strong land breeze at night and morning, which runs down the wadi, fine for landing over the coast, but due to terrain you will need to depart on the reciprocal runway, the tailwind component may be outside your limits.

If the far distant past when GF used to operate there were many diversions in perfectly clear weather due to an inability to depart because of the tailwind component.

jezza1304
26th Nov 2012, 05:25
OMSJ is great for techstops, no slots or congestion, Gama as FBO
Quick turns with taxi time of average 6 mins.
E-mail : [email protected]

falconeasydriver
26th Nov 2012, 10:08
OMSJ, by a good stretch the easiest of the lot, muscat is also good, but with the current notamed closures is a little less so.
I'm based at OMDB these days and not flying Biz anymore, but I tech stopped in OMSJ probably 15 times in two years at all times of the day and night.
It's a no brainier.

specialbrew
27th Nov 2012, 02:39
Thanks Guys, looks like I now have a couple of good options....

Gulfstreamaviator
27th Nov 2012, 08:48
Sharjah, suffers from all the in air problems of DXB...

Never used Gama as handler so can not comment about their service, but should be very good.

Re LULU shopping, I love LULU, fantastic deli sections, and great ethnic food.... off there now...

glf

Lowmick
30th Nov 2012, 07:15
Been to OOMS and OMAD in last couple of days. In OOMS fuel stop took about 10-15 minutes. In OMAD I had overnight, but refuelling also very quick and very nice terminal with good crew lounge. I had to cancel fuel stop in OMFJ because of different planning of legs, so cant say anything about services there.