PDA

View Full Version : The Future of MONEY

OzExpat
13th Apr 2002, 19:36
When I paid the renewal of my ambulance subscription in Cairns, a few days ago, I noted that the cost had gone up by $2. I was quickly informed that the increase was due to a rise in the Consumer Price Index (CPI), ie inflation. Well, what the hell, I thought, prices always go up don't they! :(

But then I wondered what will happen in the future and two scenarios crossed my mind...

1. Physics

What goes up must, sooner or later, come down again ... right? So how will that happen. Will it be like the balloon principle where, over-inflation leads to sudden deflation? That is, will there be some cataclysmic "BANG!"? The end result here is that nobody has any money and we enter a depression that will make the crash of 1929 look like a minor withdrawal from an ATM.

2. Endless

Will inflation just continue unabated? The end result here is that everyone has LOTS of money that ain't worth a whispering pharrt.

The Conclusion?

Neither of these scenarios will change the paypacket of the average GA pilot, of course, but, for airline crews, either event would certainly be the end of life as they know it. How say you Prooners? What will happen. Feel free to treat this topic seriously or glibly, or otherwise - this IS Jet Blast, after all! :eek:

embryodriver
13th Apr 2002, 20:00
My solution is - let everything go up for a while, and then divide everything by 10 and the prices are back to normal.