PDA

View Full Version : PPL Audio training (Australian)

DanPW
23rd Nov 2012, 11:39
Hi PPRuners

I love reading your banter all the time, much good info also much good laughs :ok: Now I want to ask something myself.

Can anybody recommend any audio books or audio training? I'm looking for something to fill my commutes and travel times so I'm not wasting so much time.

I'm going for PPL, so any of those subjects, general "how to improve as a pilot", flying tips etc, or anything to improve talking on the radio. I did see a an "airline pilot" radio course but it is FAA based. In fact, anything I've found so far all audiobooks are FAA based training.. so anything that suits Australia I'll probably buy to fill the time on those boring commutes.

Thanks

Dan

Arm out the window
23rd Nov 2012, 20:30
A few times now I've recorded the normal and emergency checks for a type I'm converting onto as audio files and burnt them to a CD for playing in the car on trips, but it would work just as well for any personal listening device.

I found it a great way to hammer the rote-learnt stuff into my head, and I imagine it would apply to anything you wanted to learn in that way.

You could record stuff on pretty much any computer using its built in mic these days, I'd imagine, or use a more elaborate set up if you want to get your John Laws golden tonsils sound going...