PDA

View Full Version : Tad confused

Nervous SLF
21st Nov 2012, 21:01
Hi, this hopefully won't lead to a major problem but on the very bottom of my screen next to the clock icon is an icon with two small screens.
Usually this has a small blue mark on it but today it has a red cross which to me means no network access. However as you can tell I can
get access, so is this sign suggesting something will go wrong very soon and if so what should I do ? I have right clicked on the icon
and 3 options appear, nothing was found when I clicked on each in turn.

Well "shiver me timbers" it has cured itself, how strange.

Milo Minderbinder
21st Nov 2012, 23:37
sometimes that network status icon doesn't update properly
Don't worry about it

slowjet
23rd Nov 2012, 09:21
Had the same issue. Seems to be a signal monitor. I re-sited my computer stuff upstairs from downstairs & get very poor signal strength. This shows on the two blue screens when clicking on. It will often say "signal strength poor". I will often get a yellow "X" over the screens which shows (by the same click on) that "limited Access" is available. With the red "X", it will often say (you got it, click) "Networks are available". You are then invited to reconnect to your network. It does appear to do it's own thing by restoring access when a decent signal is obtained.Lastly, with two red "X" , my kid, often impatient, switches everything off, re boots( pulls plugs out & pushes back in again and then reverse order switches back on the computor. Everything fine ! Blimey, reminds me of flying the A340 !