PDA

View Full Version : Chandler Air Service

RomeoDelta155
21st Nov 2012, 13:02
I have recently returned from Chandler Air Service in Phoenix, Arizona where I completed the Pilot Proficiency Programme and also done some rental time.

The purpose of the Pilot Proficiency Program is to provide the training most pilots do not seem to get these days and do it with a skill level necessary to improve all aspects of VFR pilot proficiency, confidence and aggressiveness. You can read all the details of the programme at:

Chandler Air Service (http://www.aerobatics.com/pilotproficiency.htm)

This programme was excellent and has greatly improved my confidence and understanding of what is going on when flying and I would recommend it for all PPLs. The programme consisted of approximately 7 hours flying and cost approximately £800 in the Piper Archer

RomeoDelta155

India Four Two
21st Nov 2012, 17:27
If you have been flying stuff that goes fast and makes a whining sound or been flying airplanes that you have been told you don't need much rudder in, you might plan on a few more hours.

Training with a sense of humor thrown in! ;)

peterh337
21st Nov 2012, 17:57
I did my FAA IR (http://www.peter2000.co.uk/aviation/faa-pplir/index.html) there in 2006 :ok:

Great place, well organised.

I hear that Kurt is now the chief - do send him my regards :)

Echo Romeo
21st Nov 2012, 19:48
Aggressiveness..... :hmm: what's that about then :ouch:

sapperkenno
23rd Nov 2012, 16:35
Great to hear from another satisfied CAS customer. I did my FAA Commercial, Instrument, Multi-Engine, CFI and CFII there and can't recommend the place highly enough, so it's great when someone posts on here singing their praises.

I considered setting up a similar thing here in the UK (as I'm a CRI - so it'd be ideal for me) at Breighton where I instruct, but there just doesn't seem to be the demand for it - which is a great shame. So I try to throw a few extra bits into rental checkouts etc, and it seems to go down well. Sadly though, some people just aren't interested and would rather fly around in a mundane manner well within their comfort zone and their self-imposed limited boundaries. I might just advertise a similar course next summer and see what comes of it.

Can't wait to go out there in February to put a few hours on their cub's and Lakes'.

frangatang
24th Nov 2012, 04:00
The chief pilot is an arrogant **** and they are a ripoff organisation, wont be using them again!

aviofreek
24th Nov 2012, 07:05
A bit emotional there frangatang?

This is the FIRST bad word (as I can't call it a review) about CAS. And that's the sole reason why I chose them for my Private training and hour building. Instead of those sausage factories in Florida that advertise great year round weather only to find out it ain't that great or cheap as it says on the tin.

With CAS you get EXACTLY what they advertise. Cheap price (not the cheapest you can find and I wouldn't even want to go the cheapest route), great instruction by very skilled and experienced aerobatic instructors. And a lot of knowledge and experience in mountain flying (included in the price for the license) and density altitude (when half empty PA-28 barely climbs 200 ft/min on take off).
Some people might find their examiner on staff to be "an aquired taste", but it's all down to an individual. The only thing he's looking for is your good judgement and ability to safely fly an aircraft.
And same goes for all their staff, extremly professional and skillful. Also a lot of fun!

All in all, a great place to be and can't wait for next year to go back!

sapperkenno
24th Nov 2012, 12:27
The chief pilot is an arrogant **** and they are a ripoff organisation, wont be using them again!
Let me guess... Someone turns up thinking they're a skygod after spending their whole life behind an autopilot at 30,000ft "flying" heavy metal, then squabbles with people who actually know what they're talking about when it comes to flying light aircraft? What check-ride did you fail? :E