PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Qualifications

1DC
20th Nov 2012, 19:53
Mrs 1DC and I recently flew back from Australia with a stop off in the Far East. Our first sector was A330 and the second a 777 three days later. We are fairly certain that the Captain was the same person and wonder if it is common practice for pilots to be rated for both aircraft.

wiggy
20th Nov 2012, 20:39
Our first sector was A330 and the second a 777 three days later. We are fairly certain that the Captain was the same person

Which means he's Airbus and Boeing dual rated - sounds unlikely, any clue as to the airline?

sanjaime
20th Nov 2012, 21:44
Almost certainly not the same pilot !
Once travelling to NZ with my brother, a fellow passenger challenged me saying he thought I seemed to need the rest room too often, until I pointed out it was my brother who had passed down the cabin earlier !
On another flight I remember being asked if I was Prince Charles when travelling in the far east. When I confirmed not to be HRH, the Chinese guy who asked the question then did express his opinion to say he thought "we all looked the same to him".
- Had to have a chuckle !

1DC
21st Nov 2012, 16:08
The Airline was EVA, the Captain was American we think but we were not 100% certain it was the same person. Just curious enough to make the enquiry..