PDA

View Full Version : Atempting to burn TV programme in WMV format to DVD.

None of the above
17th Nov 2012, 13:48
First of all, forgive me if the title doesn't make sense.

Through a misunderstanding or two I have omitted to record 'Great Continental Railway Journeys' for my aged Dad. I've gone to the BBC iPlayer page and downloaded an episode but I'd like to convert it to a format on a CD or DVD playable on the domestic DVD recorder. I have attempted to do this by using Nero and Infra Recorder without success. It is entirely possible that this is due to operator error as I don't recall using either program in some considerable time. However, I suspect that it might have more to do with DRM than anything else.

Any thoughts on how to proceed would be gratefully received and would keep eighty-seven year old dad happy. (Well, what passes for happy:ouch:)

Many thanks,

N o t a

Lear_doctor
17th Nov 2012, 14:31
If you need a steer Danisoft have a product that may help you (works for me). Its not free but does help convert files to other formats and can deal with the DRM issue.

The ultimate video converter is the programme. Have a read of their product literature online at their site

Hope this helps

regards

The Doc

None of the above
17th Nov 2012, 14:41
Thanks, Gentlemen.

I was worried about the DRM aspect and did think twice before posting. Perhaps if I'd thought three times.....:eek:

A thought has just occurred to me. Now don't laugh, please. I think I have a lead somewhere which will enable me to collect the TV to a laptop with the programme on it, although I suppose that there is a possibility that it won't be allowed. I'm not au fait with all the 'whys and wherefores' involved.

Thanks again both.

N o t a

42psi
17th Nov 2012, 14:51
If it's still available on iPlayer then you can use this ;)

get_iplayer lives! (http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html)