PDA

View Full Version : CPL Requirements FAA

MoisesGodoy
16th Nov 2012, 15:13
Hi, i am coming up to my 250 hours for the part 61 CPL, and the requirements i am concerned about are the:
10 Hours of dual instrument time
2 hour dual day cross country
2 hour dual night cross country.

My concern is i am an Instrument Rated Pilot, so i was wondering if i still have to do 10 hours of dual instrument again or my previous dual instrument time counts.

Also during my instrument training I did a 2 hour dual night cross country as well as the 2 hour dual day cross country, do i have to do them again or do these count to the requirements.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

UncleNobby
16th Nov 2012, 16:39
You should be ok. It depends on if the examiner wants to be a pain about it. What I used to do with instrument students is put a comment on the dual received during instrument training that it was also training for the commercial rating. The flight school/instructor who recommends you should know how the DPE is interpreting this and give you a definitive answer.

B2N2
16th Nov 2012, 20:03
Well, in all honesty these are things you should have sorted out with your flight instructor around the 200 hr mark.
Technically the training for your instrument rating does NOT count towards the 10 hr requirement for the CPL. Reason being you were training for your IR and not your CPL at the time.

Unless...as stated by UncleNobby your Instructor has put in the remarks section that it was also training for 61.129(a)(3)(i)
And it is not an interpretation of the DPE, it is an intrepretation of FAA Council that has come out with a ruling.

As far as the 2 hr flights are concerned;
They are no longer required to be in VFR conditions, it states just daytime and night time.
It depends how your flights were logged.
If they were logged as Instrument training flights then no.
If they were logged as CPL XC flights with Instrumnet training then yes.