PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 - Class 2?

NLM13
12th Apr 2002, 23:23
Hi there.

I currently have a class 1 medical, which expires at the end of April. At the time of renewal last year my Doctor said something about it reverting to a class 2 for a further 4 years. Does any one know what he meant, and is there anything I need to do for this to take effect? I don't see anything on the certificate to indicate any of this.

Cheers
NLM13

spudskier
13th Apr 2002, 00:12
after the Class one expires, it becomes a Class 2 for either a period of 24 calendar months or 36... need to check my FAR (not handy) but basically it's automatic, no paperwork. You can fly privately as long as your private pilot's license is valid. The pilot's license and medical license DO NOT necessarily expire at the same time, keep both up to date!

MAX
13th Apr 2002, 00:20
I believe if you dont do your annual general with the doc it automatically becomes class 2. My doc suggested it to me as a means of saving money when times were tough and keep me flying privately. You then just need the to do the annual and your back to class 1. I may have misunderstood but believe this is the case.

MAX:cool:

Seer
15th Apr 2002, 14:48
There was a question about this a few months ago and the concensus of opinion then was that the quack had to physically write Class 1 & 2 on the certificate for it to be valid for both. Are we now saying this is not the case...?

MAX
15th Apr 2002, 16:16
It would seem that the doc has put a sticker on mine with the following: 'A class 1 medical certificate is acceptable for class 2 privileges and validities'.

MAX:cool: