PDA

View Full Version : Norwich

t7a
15th Nov 2012, 15:05
I heard on the news today that Norwich is one of the airports affected by low visibility. The airport has been charging a passenger tax - now £10 - for some considerable time 'for airport development'. As far as I can see, no money has been spent on landing aids in donkeys year. Anyone out there know which other airports (UK) charge a tax and what they spend the money on?

cornishsimon
15th Nov 2012, 15:25
NQY changes a fiver a pop and off the top of my head what in theory it's spent on is shown on the website.

cs

TSR2
15th Nov 2012, 17:52
Blackpool charges a £10 ADF for all departing passengers 16 years and over. Again, visit the airport website to see what the airport spends this income on.

JonnyH
16th Nov 2012, 09:06
DTV do I believe

Not quite sure what they spend there's on either but it may be on their website.

LXGB
18th Feb 2013, 14:09
Job going for an Air Traffic Control Assistant at the moment (http://www.norwichairport.co.uk/vacancies.asp?id=14).

NorthSouth
18th Feb 2013, 17:42
Norwich has CAT 1 ILS on 27 with a 200ft DH for all aircraft categories. 09 has an NDB approach which has a 443ft MDH for typical Cat C airliners. Given the traffic levels I don't think one can expect investment that would significantly lower those minima. A lot of people think that just because Heathrow etc have autoland, one should be able to get into any airport irrespective of the weather. Unrealistic in my view.
NS