PDA

View Full Version : Middle East Opportunities

delay256
15th Nov 2012, 05:09
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the midst of deciding where my career should go at this point, I hold a frozen ATPL from Canada and have about 1250 Hours of flight. I was a flight instructor and flew charter for a company in Canada for two years mostly on single and multi piston aircraft. I also hold an A320 Type Rating with quite a bit of level D sim time (100+), I've been seat support for other independent candidates over the past few months and have gained valuable experience in the sim.

I'm not looking at Pay 2 fly but I don't see too many other opportunities in the short term.

I'm contemplating going back to University or college to make myself more marketable. I was also thinking of writing the dispatch exams to possibly work as a dispatcher at an airline and get on the flight line when the right opportunity presents itself.

Would any of the middle east carriers consider me? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Wizofoz
15th Nov 2012, 10:13
You could probably look at Air Arabia, NAS Saudi and possibly FlyDubai.

I don't see either a degree nor being a dispatcher as particularly helpful.

luvly jubbly
15th Nov 2012, 11:36
Qatar might be interested for NTSO.

JammedStab
15th Nov 2012, 12:22
Suggest you get on with a turbine operator in Canada. Hiring is decent these days. The go to a charter company for a couple of years then to the Middle East. Standard stuff. Skip the degree and get the real world experience. This is for Canada stuff anyways. I see you are at EGLL.

groundtoflightdeck
15th Nov 2012, 15:20
I thibk its worth noting for your resume that Canada does not have a frozen ATPL. You can write the exams before you have the time but there is no stripped down ATPL.

Durban
16th Nov 2012, 11:49
As one who took the degree route, I'd highly recommend you do that. Also, having sat at the selection table for many years, I always saw the graduate applicant in a more favorable light. Further down the line it's the degree that is gonna move your butt up the management ladder and into a comfortable pension.