PDA

View Full Version : CAE Dallas Vs CAE Burgess Hill

dareen
13th Nov 2012, 00:27
Hi folks,

With reference to 560 XL/XLS training what are your experiences at the above for training on an initial course?

Good training and new sims but considerably more expensive in UK.
I hear the sims are more tired stateside but does the cheaper pricing outweigh the overall package over at Burgiss Hill?

Your thoughts would be much appreciated?

best wishes.

junkyardfreightdog
13th Nov 2012, 04:09
In regards DFW simulfite....Bonedaddy's. End of discussion.

500 above
13th Nov 2012, 04:48
Absolutely - Bone Daddies beats Bar Med in Crawley hands down!

Gavno
13th Nov 2012, 08:45
CAE Burguess Hill ....:yuk::yuk::yuk:!!!

dareen
13th Nov 2012, 08:53
Appreciate the apres training, any thoughts on the actual training, sims, value for money at either facility,. etc

cheers

FlyTCI
13th Nov 2012, 16:45
I did my XL type in Dallas about a year ago and have also done many sessions in the sim as one of their rightseaters. Its a basic XL sim with Primus1000 avionics and dual FMS. Gets the job done and rarely breaks down.

In regards to the instructors it really is a crapshot, as with any training. Some instructors are good, some are less good.

If it's significantly cheaper than in the UK I see no reason not to go to Dallas. Remember, despite higher cost to get here you may make that back in lower hotel and meal costs.

FYI, I have never been to Burgess Hill so can't make a comparison between the two.

And you get to go to BoneDaddy's. :}

dareen
13th Nov 2012, 18:35
Thanks gents, Bonedaddys then seems to be swaying the decision in the favour of Dallas!

Anyone studied their initial XL/S at Burgess Hill?

Cheers guys..

glider12000
13th Nov 2012, 19:01
500 Bar Med has now closed....

dareen
14th Nov 2012, 07:22
Any info on XLS Training at Burgiss Hill would be gratefully received.

cherrs:ok:

crazy_max
14th Nov 2012, 12:12
Dallas, for sure. Bone Daddy's.