PDA

View Full Version : 3 options, what to choose from? Argh!

danny_andersen
12th Nov 2012, 16:59
Guys, help please...

Im a bit insecure about how to finish my flight training. I have done my initial training in the states, completing my PPL & IR & ATPL. I meet all the requirements for the EASA CPL.

So i need EASA CPL & ME Rating and conversion of IR. I have narrowed it down to 3 options:

Option 1:
Complete FAA CPL and then convert it at Diamond Flight Academy in Sweden: Diamond Flight Academy Scandinavia (http://www.flightacademy.se/),
Total cost: About 16-17.000 GBP / 6 weeks
Pros:
- Double set of licenses
- DA42
- Many more hours since the FAA CPL req. is 250h.
Cons:
- only 15h. of flight time in Europe
- I dont know the reputation of "Diamond Flight Academy"

Option 2:
Do a full CPL & ME rating & convert FAA IR at Diamond Flight Academy in Sweden: Diamond Flight Academy Scandinavia (http://www.flightacademy.se/),
Total cost: About 14.000 GBP. / 3-4 weeks
Pros:
- DA42 training
- done in 3-4 weeks
- Cheapest option
Cons:
- I dont know the reputation of "Diamond Flight Academy"
- How would my job option look like with swedish CPL from DFA?

Option 3:
Do the CTC Takeoff program at Airline Pilot Training | Flight Training UK | Cadet Pilot Training | CTC Wings (http://www.ctcwings.com/) ,
Total cost: About 23.000 GBP. / 10-12 weeks
Pros:
- Most professional provider
- EASA CPL from a trusted uk training facility well known around the world
- DA42 training
Cons:
- By far the most expensive option
- 10-12 weeks

Personally I really like option 3, but it is very expensive and im not sure that the extra cost would get me any closer to a job.

I Really appreciate any input

Arlenof
3rd Feb 2013, 21:38
Finally, which option do you have chosen ?

Because I'll be in the same case in a few months ...

RedBullGaveMeWings
3rd Feb 2013, 21:54
What about going to Poland and obtaining everything for less than £15000 without conversions?

Arlenof
4th Feb 2013, 09:01
On which plane / school / quality of training ?

Because what I'm looking for is a quite good quality of training, that's why I asked that question to danny_andersen on theses schools.

esr
4th Feb 2013, 11:11
Egnatia Aviation!

pakythepilot
4th Feb 2013, 12:47
I think you need to revise some points of your summary. Starting with the first one, if you convert all the package, CPL IR e MEP from FAA to EASA/JAA, you won't just end up with 15 flight hrs in europe. 15 hrs is the minimum requirment to convert only the IR rating, and you need to convert the CPL as well, thus you have to take in count other at least 5 hrs. Now let's talk about CTC. The CTC takeoff programm is a common modular course, and at the end of it you have the same opportunities as any other modular students coming from any other modular school in uk, unless you pass the AQC pre-entry assessment and pay for additional 7000 quid. If you can and you do the AQC course with them, which is basically a MCC + initial CRM, you will put into a holding pool. If one of their airline partners is looking for a pilot, and nobody who comes from their integrated course is available, they start to pick-up from this "secondary" list and depending on your position along it, you could get a call. The awaiting time to get a call from what the rumors say is two years. By the way, the price which you mentioned, is for a full JAA/EASA modular course at CTC, and you just need to convert not to pay for a full course. I don't know if CTC offers a converting programm and if they even do, I don't know if they permit you to go throughout the AQC, maybe it's just for who attends the entire CPL/IR MEP programm with them. As you can notice my speech is a full of if, so my advice is to still do a deeper reaserch and see what is the best option for you and your economic possibilities. I wish you the best.

portos8
4th Feb 2013, 15:55
I did the MEP + ME/IR + CPL in Poland and paid around € 15.000 (so around 13.000 GBP). No hassle with conversions which saved me a lot of time travelling and hanging around.

Arlenof
4th Feb 2013, 17:48
On which plane and how long does it takes to do it ?

RedBullGaveMeWings
4th Feb 2013, 18:01
I am thinking of getting my CPL-IR-ME in Poland too and would do this at Bartolini Air. Nice fleet!

portos8
5th Feb 2013, 11:30
I did it at Bartolini in Lodz on the Tecnam multi. Ended up with 31 hours multi time during the MEP/IR/CPL. If you want I will sent you extra info and who to contact. They have all their prices on their English website anyway, I never paid anything more than they quoted. Worth going there and checking them out for sure!