PDA

View Full Version : QB's - BSGonline or ATPonline or Aviationexam

Laroussi
12th Nov 2012, 15:09
Hi All,

Just thought I'd ask for advice and suggestions on which QB is the best nowadays for the UK?

Cheers.

packo1848
12th Nov 2012, 18:15
I used the BGS QB for my 1st lot of exams, can't comment on the others, but found it really useful, especially the ability to flag q's I had troubles with to come back to later and to create exams consisting purely of q's I'd previously answered incorrectly. From what I hear though all the QB's are fairly similar anyway.

Also worth noting there seemed to be a fair few questions in this months exams that I didn't recall seeing in the bank.

taxistaxing
12th Nov 2012, 18:16
It was rumoured by my ATPL provider that aviation exam is the best bet for tbr EASA syllabus. From the ATPL exams I've sat so far I would agree, although ATPL online (which was affiliated with BGS until they recently launched their own offering) is also good. The other benefit of aviation exam is that the feedback is very detailed and the format of the site means you can easily filter questions by area and identify weak areas.

pudoc
12th Nov 2012, 19:00
Aviation Exam has very good explanations and I often use it to look up stuff, despite having done my exams in the past.

I personally would use BGSOnline for the exams themselves, Aviation Exam for explanations.

Laroussi
13th Nov 2012, 13:27
Thanks for your comments...

Graham@IDC
3rd Dec 2012, 22:55
Hi Pudoc,

Perhaps you might like to explain why you recommend BGS Online. You've been floating on this forum for so long you can't possibly be using it for exam preparation - if you get my drift

pudoc
10th Dec 2012, 23:49
Graham we have had this discussion before but seeing as I can't sleep I guess it's your lucky day.

When I joined this forum has 0 relevance. I joined years ago asking questions about start flight training. Search my posts if you're so desperate.

I started with BGS about a year ago, as a student and nothing more and I recently finished with them. They impressed me.

I'm assuming you aren't a student pilot, I am. I have used both BGS and ATPLOnline and prefer BGS. I have first hand experience using these for my ATPL exams, you probably do not.

Also take note how I said I prefer AviationExams explanation much more than BGS.

I know ATPLOnline is very close to home, Graham, but give it a rest now.

P40Warhawk
11th Dec 2012, 17:34
Use both now for my preparings for exams. atplonline and BGS.
I noticed that atplonline has a bit more questions then BGS. So what I just do is do All topics by BGS , flagging the mistakes. Repeat those also. Do full simulated exams at BGS, to see my weeknesses.
After that repeat again the weak parts.
After that I use atplonline for the questions who are not included in BGS. Though, atplonline and BGS dont have really great explanations or explanations at all.
Used also before aviation exam, and yes that one is much better in that point.