PDA

View Full Version : ANZ Contract Termination?

Suck&Blow
12th Nov 2012, 10:54
Anybody heard the rumor that ANZ has terminated all contracts with Qantas giving 60 days notice? :eek:

QF94
12th Nov 2012, 12:00
Depends what you're talking about. Engineering in SYD was given up a couple of years ago. If you're talking about ramp, that's been on the cards for a while, and from what I'm led to believe, it's a given it's going.

ASY68
12th Nov 2012, 13:57
JHAS does engineering in Melbourne, is there any hints as to who the contracts are going to?

slamer.
12th Nov 2012, 17:59
Whoever Virgin use, I'll betcha Air NZ will use ... Ummm so who does Virgin use...?

billyt
12th Nov 2012, 20:15
Toll Dnata

ALAEA Fed Sec
12th Nov 2012, 20:19
For Enginering Virgin use, well, Virgin.

magic8
12th Nov 2012, 20:22
I believe CNS and ADL engineering on ANZ still carried out by QF.

empire4
12th Nov 2012, 21:20
I have been told that in the near future ANZ engineering will set up in house in the remaining ports such as they have in Sydney.

Only thing I disagree with is these jobs should go to Aussies first. Sydney is dead set full of our Kiwi brothers.

ASY68
12th Nov 2012, 22:24
Slamer, I personally believe they wouldn't go with Toll because its an emirates company...in saying that VA did...

lc_461
13th Nov 2012, 01:05
Is this for engineering, ramp or pax?

In BN, NZ currently use QF for Pax/Ramp, but have their own engineers.
DJ international use Toll for Pax/Ramp and their own engineers for 737s + JHAS for the 777s I believe.

aveng
13th Nov 2012, 01:20
I believe CNS and ADL engineering on ANZ still carried out by QF.

Perth too.

gate4
13th Nov 2012, 01:25
Ramp handling all gone to Toll Dnata from early next year.

ASY68
13th Nov 2012, 03:35
That doesn't sound right with Aero-Care the GHA for VOZ out of PER for both DOM and INTL..

Bootstrap1
13th Nov 2012, 03:42
Virgin is a total sh1t fight for engineering handling. 737s and e190s are Virgin.
777s are AMSA 330s are JHAS and the ATRs are Skywest.

But there are many constant rumours that many of AMSAs are not happy with the service. Having said that the rumour has been around for ages and no-one seems to leave them.

Sqwark2000
13th Nov 2012, 04:45
Transition of all Oz ground handling (except OOL) will transfer to Toll Dnata at midnight in the last week of February, with stations transitioning 1 at a time every other night til the last station transfers on 2nd March.

Apparantly was a deal "QF could simply not match"

S2k

BO0M
13th Nov 2012, 05:31
the ATRs are Skywest

Toll have done the ATRs from day dot:ok:

ASY68
13th Nov 2012, 06:40
Quote:
the ATRs are Skywest
Toll have done the ATRs from day dothttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

In which port?

600ft-lb
13th Nov 2012, 07:05
Doesn't it point out something about Qantas though if they can't match Toll Dnata.

Qantas rampies are paid stuff all ~$20/hr. QGS even less ~$18/hr.

If the front line staff are earning absolute minimum wages and Qantas still can't compete, what does that say about the support structure around the front line staff. Obviously there are too many managers, advisors, analysts.. basically non productive staff. The non productive staff are a leech on Qantas's ability to function effectively as a service provider.

But I somehow doubt the 'essential' back office non productive staff will face the same axe everyone else is.

73to91
13th Nov 2012, 08:27
I have been reading this thread with interest as my son started work at QGS 6 months back. I was shocked when he told me his hourly rate. Would have been better off at Aldi.

I did a search and saw Toll Dnata was paying more than QF and that is where he is heading.

Surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that the lost of revenue to QF will be against INTERNATIONAL :ugh:

empire4
13th Nov 2012, 13:32
I'm not being funny, but how much do you think un skilled labour should be paid? That's the whole problem with Qantas and Australia for that matter from the cleaners to the CEO. We all want more money, but it simply can't happen.

How much is a fair bag chucker rate?

Sump Monkey
13th Nov 2012, 20:37
Transition of all Oz ground handling (except OOL) will transfer to Toll Dnata at midnight in the last week of February

Yip, thats correct. Engineering to remain as it is:

BNE-ANZ
SYD-ANZ
MCY-ANZ
MEL-JHAS
OOL-AMSA
CNS-QF
ADL-QF
PER-QF

I have been told that in the near future ANZ engineering will set up in house in the remaining ports such as they have in Sydney.

Only thing I disagree with is these jobs should go to Aussies first. Sydney is dead set full of our Kiwi brothers.

With talk of possible redundancies in Tech Op's AKL, I think they would try to redeploy staff to any new line stations being set up, the relocation would be cheaper than paying out redundancy.

QF94
13th Nov 2012, 22:19
@empire4

I'm not being funny, but how much do you think un skilled labour should be paid? That's the whole problem with Qantas and Australia for that matter from the cleaners to the CEO. We all want more money, but it simply can't happen.

How much is a fair bag chucker rate?

I'm not being funny either. What is the cost of living in Australia? Making $20 and hour won't cut it when you consider that in a year that would amount to a grand total of $41,600 pa BEFORE tax and Medicare which would be a total of $5,691 based on 2012-2013 tax rates. This leaves $35,909 to live off in a year leaving $690 per week In SYD, MEL, BNE and PER, you simply cannot survive on this. I haven't deducted rent/mortgage which even with the most conservative and unrealistic figure, let's say $400 pw, leaving $290 pw. Then there's food, let's say an average of $150 pw, leaving $140 pw. Then electricity, gas, water combined say $50.00 per week, leaving $90.00 pw. Now we have to travel to work, either by public transport or car, I'll say $50.00 per week, leaving $40.00 pw

These figures are just to pay the essentials in life. Not including self studies or education for your kids, insurances and maintenance for your house, car and even life, or even buying a slab of beer or going down to the pub or buying a coffee or going to the movies or hiring DVD's or even just putting a few dollars aside for a rainy day, and the list goes on.

This would cover a "bag chucker". Now the real question is, what is a reasonable salary for a CEO? A failed one at that that has driven a company into the ground?

The thing that can't happen empire4 is that you ship jobs overseas, or cut real rates, and yet put the cost of living up. Very simply, we have a "Greece" happening right here. But when no one can afford to buy things, people stop spending. When people stop spending, companies go broke, no matter how cheaply they're made overseas.

Let's think about the WHOLE economy. It's a lot bigger than QANTAS and it's "overpaid unskilled labour".

Bellcrank 74
13th Nov 2012, 23:00
:
Quote:
the ATRs are Skywest
Toll have done the
ATRs from day dothttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif
In which port?
BNE,SYD and CBR for ATR engineering

Southern handler
16th Nov 2012, 03:54
I know that there are a lot of QF rampies (not leading hands) earning some fairly big dollars, yes they get that because of the hours they work but trust me at least up until about 18 months ago plenty earning close to 6 figures.
With new staff going onto QGS that will change over time

ASY68
16th Nov 2012, 21:01
Interesting that ANZ only approached Toll Dnata and QF and no one else...