PDA

View Full Version : Any news on LAN?

themagicman00
12th Nov 2012, 03:08
I've been waiting on any hiring news from LAN Peru or LAN Chile, but haven't heard anything. Any of you guys in the inside have any scoop on what's going on or future requirements?
thanks

themagicman00

factor-x
26th Nov 2012, 21:36
I was reading on their site that they only require 200 hours, and it doesnt even say that you have to have a MEL (multi engine) rating. Does anyone have experience with LanColombia, and if si please share.

Best wishes.

FlyingOW
1st Dec 2012, 12:27
70 pilots, mix of DEC & FO, needed for 2013, mostly for Airbus. Some slots available on B767 but only for DEFO with suitable relevant experience. No DEC on B767!

CAN & Spanish nationals still welcome inspite of what one poster will have you believe. Union aims to limit foreigners to a maximum of 20% of total pilot group, presently around 12% of the 420 pilots so do the maths :ok:

New requirements:
Min age of 21 for FOs, 28 for DECs.
ICAO EPL 4 minimum

Saludos,

OW

PS Not much happens over Xmas & New years so expect things to pick up next year.

dlcmdrx
2nd Dec 2012, 03:21
Info coming from LAN Perú chief pilot Pedro R. No foreign fos for a319 due to union block. He must be lying according to the poster above though.

As for LAN Chile there are still spaniards that passed the examen more than a year ago still waiting, the last date they have been issued is beginning 2013 but nothing assured.

FlyingOW
2nd Dec 2012, 04:05
You may be right regarding foreign FOs on the Bus at LPE, as the LAN/Master cadet flight school is churning out enough FOs to keep up with crewing needs. Probably no need to hire foreigners in this capacity. However, no union block as far as I know, and we had a union meeting 2 days ago. Talk of limiting the foreign staff to 20%, just talk, not set in stone yet.

Foreign DEC still arriving, (2 recruitment roadshows in MAD and 1 in Bolivia last Oct/Nov). There are very experienced FOs from Iberia, Air Europa and AeroSur joining as DEC on the Bus, I had a long chat with a 10,000hr A330 Air Europa FO joining LPE.

The 70 pilots for 2013 was announced at last months pilot/management meeting.:confused:

OW

http://www.formacionpilotoslanperu.com/

LAN >> Capitn Airbus 319 (http://lan.bumeran.cl/aplicantes/aviso_184_capitan-airbus-319.html)

wingflyer
14th Dec 2012, 03:11
"70 pilots, mix of DEC & FO, needed for 2013, mostly for Airbus. Some slots available on B767 but only for DEFO with suitable relevant experience. No DEC on B767!"

Thanks for the info. Could you elaborate on the suitable relevant experience required for a Peruvian national to be hired as a FO for the B767 fleet?

thunderace
28th Dec 2012, 20:13
LAN Chile is not a serious company. They have 30 spaniards waiting a call from almost 2 years ago,.... and suddenly one spanish guy, with 200hr total time experience, who did the assesment last August has been scheudeled for the A320 type rating starting at the end of nex January.
Could any body explain me what was the rule followed by LAN Chile??

The Dominican
28th Dec 2012, 23:04
LAN Chile is not a serious company. They have 30 spaniards waiting a call from almost 2 years ago,.... and suddenly one spanish guy, with 200hr total time experience, who did the assesment last August has been scheudeled for the A320 type rating starting at the end of nex January.
Could any body explain me what was the rule followed by LAN Chile??

It is simple, they hire who they want and the fact that you pass an assessment doesn't mean you have a job. That is the way it is a every job out there, not just at LAN, after two years I think it is time for those guys to move on and continue their search, I think it is safe to say this one got away, has nothing to do with the seriousness of the company, don't take it personnaly it just wasn't meant to be.:ugh:

wingflyer
2nd Jan 2013, 01:13
Could anyone please confirm if low-time pilots (about 300hr) get hired directly as First Officers, or if there is a transition period? I heard some airlines use the Second Officer modality or have cadet programs for their green pilots, so I was wondering if there is a similar practice at Lan Peru. Any info about what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

Iver
4th Jan 2013, 16:55
Any info or guesses on how the delivered 787s will be allocated among the various LAN airlines? How many allocated to Chile, to Peru, to Ecuador, to Colombia, etc.?

I am sure those airplanes will go senior... :cool:

chrislikesblue
4th Jan 2013, 20:21
What is the way to apply to them? Anyone has any recruitment contact telephone/email?

leondelfierro
7th Jan 2013, 02:06
I don't fly here but, i've heard they're closing the hiring window on February this year.

PilotNG
8th Jan 2013, 18:07
Lan recruitment roadshows rumors in Venezuela ... february

Can someone confirm ?

Tx

themagicman00
1st Feb 2013, 23:48
Looks like Lan Peru has started calling for interviews. Good luck people!

themagicman00
17th Feb 2013, 23:37
LAN Peru had two interviews, one 4 weeks ago with 11 pilots going through the initial process which 5 failed the ATP written, the remaining 6 all passed the psicotecnico, and then 5 failed the English ICAO interview leaving one pilot for the sim session TBD.
Last week they had 6 pilots for the initial session, 4 failed the ATP written.
More info as they come, but at this rate it looks like the ATP written and the english interviews are the filtering process and not the psicotecnico.

zondaracer
18th Feb 2013, 03:09
I know LAN Peru interviewed in Madrid in December. I know two guys who went but neither of them got past the first stage (ATP written and English test). Thanks for keeping us updated magicman

themagicman00
19th Feb 2013, 20:05
Just for you guys to know.
I was shot down in the psicotecnico with Lan Peru.
ATP, 2200hrs, ICAO 6 english, 20yrs in the Military, MBA degree.
Only passed the ATP written exam, the psicotecnico found out I was a serial killer and I didn't know!
Good luck everyone.

samca
19th Feb 2013, 21:34
Hi,

In which country are they doing the interviews right now?

thanks in advance