PDA

View Full Version : Flying Time Aviation - Life "after" training

Cirrus_Clouds
10th Nov 2012, 16:59
I'm considering Flying Time Aviation at Shoreham for CPL/IR.

Has anyone actually managed to get a flying job since graduating with them?

This information isn't displayed on their website.

Thanks.

flyboyweeksy
10th Nov 2012, 17:43
From what I understand, there are no jobs or guarentees after completion. They will help you in anyway possible to find jobs or help prepare you for it. Unless things have changed, this is what I believe is the case. As a student there, its a great place to do your training. Anymore info, feel free to get in touch. I am a modular student so not too sure on the integrated course and its after completion bits and pieces.

Cirrus_Clouds
10th Nov 2012, 22:02
I know them quite well, been flying with them since 2006, when they first started operating at Shoreham, before the days of the Commercial training.

I know they don't offer guaranteed jobs like many FTO, but most other FTO's have information on where their pilots have gone too, what airline etc etc etc.

To have access this and as well as pass rate information would be beneficial to both the student and the FTO.

fwjc
12th Nov 2012, 05:00
Which FTOs guarantee jobs? I don't know of a single one that does so. Even the BA FPP and FlyBe schemes do not explicitly guarantee a job, although obviously the likelihood is very high. But that is with the scheme, not with the FTO.

I wouldn't trust published "employment" rates at all - it's just marketing ploy and anyone can reinterpret statistics in a favourable light. It's not the FTO that gets you the job, either; it's you. So you are the most important factor in whether you get a job.

Happy Wanderer
12th Nov 2012, 23:26
In the current climate, no FTO/ATO can or should be offering any guarantees of employment after completion of training - fact.

To anyone who is seriously considering embarking upon a course of commercial flight training and who may be seduced into attending a pilot 'selection day' and told "you are guaranteed a job if you train with us", my advice is to STEER WELL CLEAR!!

Similarly, any schools or academies who claim that "our training is approved by X, Y and Z airlines" should be fully checked out - you may well find that is news to the airlines in question!

The sales and marketing teams that represent the FTOs work for the FTOs and are predominantly interested in revenue generation and the bottom line. Most are genuine - one or two however are most definitely not, they know who they are and they should be avoided at all costs.

HW