View Full Version : Help!!! CA 39 - 5 years rule

stalled_n_in2a_spin
10th Nov 2012, 13:36
I did my CPL training in the US from aug 2007 to jul 2008, got around 270 hrs. Then i went on to do my FI in the philippines from aug 2009 to march 2010, another 300 hrs here. I just cleared my papers and am going for my recency. If i submit my papers in feb 2013 i would have lost 140 hrs from US on the day of submission. I tried going to the DGCA but didnt get any proper answers. My doubts are -

1) Will i have to make up all the lost hrs, as in have exactly 200 hrs from the US at the time of submission?

2) One of the DGCA officers told me that the philippines hrs will not be taken under consideration for conversion, so how do i have to fill up this form?

I cannot afford to build those hrs again. Please help regarding this am leaving in 4 days. Thank you

Ankit Kotecha
10th Nov 2012, 14:58
who the hell said that your Philippines hours will not be taken into consideration ?

tolip111111
10th Nov 2012, 15:45
which school do you plan to go to for your recency, since you would have to anyway come back and fly here in india, why get your recency done here as well.

stalled_n_in2a_spin
10th Nov 2012, 17:11
vashist i think was the dgca officer...

I need to get the flight review as per FAA because i havent flown in over 4 years in the US.

stalled_n_in2a_spin
10th Nov 2012, 17:24
ive asked alot of people.. logically speaking they should accept it. But like everything in india we have to bend to the dumb rules set up but dumbos.. like how we have to take off the black films on our car windows so police can decrease crime according to the rule passed by the supreme court...

the same way dgca cannot help but ban philippines licenses because of few people who screwed its name up...

Any ways i have my own proplems.. BE-76 flown in the US cannot be counted towards multi in india :rolleyes:, PA-34 flown in Philippines cannot be considered :{ and to top it all of HOURS LAPSING :ugh:

tolip111111
11th Nov 2012, 08:24
bro, my advise would be just stay back, join a school here and fly, otherwise you need to go to the states, get flight review build your single hours get the checks done,then comes the multi--- fly seneca for atleast 10 hours and get all the checks done on it as well come back here, join a flight school get the 5 skill tests on a single engine that you are required to do and then submit your docs. I hope the hours you accumulated in Phillipines were legal cause they might trouble you because of that as well.

Flying Mechanic
11th Nov 2012, 11:51
i know of several indians logging illegal hours in the Philipines....one guy even showed me plane he was flying (YS11), i know for a fact the plane has not moved/flown for a few years. Its a shame these people bring shame on the honest pilots of India.I have informed the Indian CAA , through an X IAF friend of mine, who is a inspector, he was disgusted.