PDA

View Full Version : Hangar 8 Jersey

ortac1a
10th Nov 2012, 10:59
Hangar8 announces commercial arrangement with Jersey Airport

Hangar8, one of the country's leading private jet companies, today announces that it has entered into a commercial agreement with Jersey Airport to construct a new fixed based hangar operation at the airport.

The development, which is subject to planning permission, will involve the construction of a new 55,000 square feet hangar which will enable Hangar8 to provide handling and maintenance operations to the private jet customers on the island.

The planning application is likely to be submitted in the first quarter of 2013 and the facility will commence operations in 2014. Further updates on progress will made in due course.

Dustin Dryden, Chief Executive, Hangar 8 (LSE: HGR8.L - news) , said: ''This agreement represents a significant revenue and growth opportunity for Hangar8 and is in-line with our strategic objective of growing profitably into economically advantageous geographical areas. The presence of a fixed new state-of-the-art operation in Jersey will not only allow Hangar8 to further expand its offering to our existing global client base, but will also facilitate incremental growth in our aircraft management, charter and maintenance business through relationships with Jersey's significant private aviation market.''

Is this in competition with Aviation Beauport? I have heard Hangar 8 are moving there whole ops and headquarters to Jersey can anyone confirm? Good for Jersey??:eek:

HS-125
10th Nov 2012, 13:09
Does this mean they are moving out of "London" Oxford airport?

judy the rudder
10th Nov 2012, 18:35
about time they had some competition down that way..

learjet50
10th Nov 2012, 22:14
I think not

AVB have been at Jersey since whenever and ther is no way they will allow this to happen..

Why would Hangar 8 move to an Island ?? I am sure Operators which have there A/C in Oxford or Wherever will want the aircraft on an Island

I dont think AVB will be losing any sleep over this idea/

Where would you construct a New Hangar at JSY I always understood that the Sates of Jersey were always very anti New Buildings

we will see

Regards to all:D:D:O:O

RexBanner
11th Nov 2012, 07:54
Learjet50, why would you think AVB have any say in the matter whatsoever? Beauport have always been accused of resting on their laurels in the main, ie non proactive in terms of their customer base and doing no marketing whatsoever. They just assume that people know about their product. At least that's what I've been led to believe!

I have always been genuinely amazed that, given the size of the finance sector in Jersey and the amount of high net worth individuals living on the island, that there is not more of a thriving bizav sector at EGJJ. Indeed I am told that there are individuals who have jets who base them off the island purely because they do not want to deal with Beauport.

The proposed Hangar will be constructed on the site of the Cargo sheds on the freight apron just to the east of the new Tower. I do agree with you, however, that the planning permission issue still has legs but I guess it depends on whose back is scratched well enough in the States. Again nothing to do with Beauport. I hadn't heard anything about the Hangar 8 ops department being moved to Jersey just that this was an expansion opportunity but I stand to be corrected.

x933
15th Nov 2012, 10:42
Hangar8 earnings up 331% | 14 November 2012 | Stock Market Wire (http://www.stockmarketwire.com/article/4484136/Hangar8-earnings-up-331pct.html)

Booglebox
15th Nov 2012, 14:56
Dustin may be a bit of a "lovable rogue" but shoudn't be underestimated. He's at least clever enough to sort out the politics down in JSY to ensure at least a good chance of his plan succeeding, before announcing it.

If I was going to open an FBO down there I'd explain to the local authorities that I could get way more money & aircraft coming in (landing fees, fuel sales, all the rest / tourism etc, and therefore tax revenue), through a posher new-build facility, than the lazy monopoly that is AVB, which is why they should let me at least compete. Perhaps that's his angle.

I highly doubt they are moving the OXF offices there.

Scroll Lock
16th Nov 2012, 12:53
"Why would Hangar 8 move to an Island ??"

Just checking that mainland UK is still an island? Always used to be in the old days !
Or does the Channel Tunnel make a difference nowadays ??
;)

cldrvr
16th Nov 2012, 16:49
They would be silly not to move everything lock, stock and barrel. The tax advantage alone should pay for the setup in Jersey.

tommoutrie
16th Nov 2012, 16:53
you think Hangar8 pay tax?

cldrvr
16th Nov 2012, 16:59
you think Hangar8 pay tax?

They will this year if their PnL trend continues, but I am not just talking corporate tax.

tommoutrie
16th Nov 2012, 17:02
their crew are already paid through crewing companies that pay minimal tax so I'm not sure it would change anything else much. Yes it will be very interesting to see if the P+L figures continue in the direction they have been going.. www.goingtoshutupnow.com