PDA

View Full Version : Dubai sea freight

Kernow 101
10th Nov 2012, 05:51
Moving out to EK shortly and am getting some good shipping quotes, but they tend to be Door to Port. As soon as they quote door to door the price increases dramatically! I only have about 330 cubic feet to send so don't want to spend too much. Can it really be so expensive to arrange for an agent to collect from port in Dubai and deliver to door? Going to ship the items from UK.

Has anyone got any experience of arranging collection from port in Dubai and can recommend a company?

Thanks.

Tower Ranger
10th Nov 2012, 07:12
When I moved out from the UK I used Pickfords as they have a partner company out here called Sirva so the price i paid in the UK was door to door. You definitely don't want one of your first experiences here to be dealinf with the Customs red tape at Jebel Ali Port.

Tight Seat
10th Nov 2012, 07:51
My stuff is 'in transit' with Anglo Pacific. All seems good at the moment. They do do part loads as well. I've gone for the door to door service much simpler . PM me if you want to know more.

Kernow 101
10th Nov 2012, 08:54
You definitely don't want one of your first experiences here to be dealinf with the Customs red tape at Jebel Ali Port.

For sure :} but thats why I am looking for an agent who will take care of the collection from Jebel Ali and deliver to door.

Currently I am getting one price to collect from door in UK and deliver to Jebel Ali. Then, when I ask for delivery to door in Dubai they add on 100 to 150% !!:eek::eek:

Cant believe it is that expensive to arrange a delivery in Dubai?

Dubaian
11th Nov 2012, 04:53
It's not just delivery in Dubai. There will also be port clearance charges, customs duty, and door-to-door usually includes unpacking, furniture re-assembly and removal of packing material. +100% seems high though. Good luck.